Page updated on 11-18-2017

Modeler Site new articles are online!

ModelerSite
05-30-2013, 09:51 AM
New articles are online at modelersite.com

Although we'll keep the monthly cover you can expect daily updates, with news, galleries and also full tutorials, take a look to our all new website.
Submit your pictures and will be posted in our home.

http://www.modelersite.com/

Look for the article you want in our advanced search, just by entering a month, a subject, an author.....or a sentence you want to find.

http://www.modelersite.com/en/archive/

Check our all NEW website, leave your comments ( you can login with facebook)

Thanks for reading

nugundam93
05-30-2013, 11:28 AM
awesome articles!

roymattblack
05-30-2013, 01:42 PM
PLEASE.....
Bring back the OLD website!!!
The new one looks virtually no different, every month.
There doesn't seem to be anything much different to last month.
The 'search' idea is fine - if you know what to search for...
How do we know what is 'new'?

I used to spend an age on the old website every month.
Now, in all honesty, I glance at the new one, then leave.

Roy.

ModelerSite
05-30-2013, 02:09 PM
All the websites have a " what's new", our is in the header, right column...twitter, facebook....etc.
http://www.modelersite.com/en/archive/
The previuos website was very old in terms of technology, couldn’t have HTML names and couldn’t be developed in a new way, Google and other search engines are asking for.
Since the new website is online we improved our visit 300%, our facebook likes and twitter followers.
The new technology let us to place in the rotator the more visited articles, in average, of the last 3 months.
We can offer several large images in the previews and visitors can log in with facebook, if they like to do.

The search was in the old too, in the same place, working in the same way.

About each two days we upload something new, article, gallery or whatever we think have the necessary quality or is interesting since our point of view, the old one kept a full month with the same, in the menu.
Thank for your feedback

PLEASE.....
Bring back the OLD website!!!
The new one looks virtually no different, every month.
There doesn't seem to be anything much different to last month.
The 'search' idea is fine - if you know what to search for...
How do we know what is 'new'?
I used to spend an age on the old website every month.
Now, in all honesty, I glance at the new one, then leave.
Roy.

roymattblack
05-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Many thanks for the info.
My problem, and I appreciate I'm in the minority, is that I don't use Facebook, Twitter, or any of the other social media sites.
This is because I've been a school teacher for the past 34 years, and such websites are a real 'no-no' for people in my trade.
Never mind - I'll manage.
Roy.

ModelerSite
05-30-2013, 07:21 PM
You're welcome Roy, no worries
Thanks!

Many thanks for the info.
My problem, and I appreciate I'm in the minority, is that I don't use Facebook, Twitter, or any of the other social media sites.
This is because I've been a school teacher for the past 34 years, and such websites are a real 'no-no' for people in my trade.
Never mind - I'll manage.
Roy.

wadny
06-01-2013, 03:46 PM
I still don't understand why you require Internet Explorer to view articles on the site. You're ignoring 70-75% of your potential audience, myself included.

freakray
06-01-2013, 04:47 PM
I still don't understand why you require Internet Explorer to view articles on the site. You're ignoring 70-75% of your potential audience, myself included.

You don't need IE to view the site, I use google Chrome and can view it just fine. What are you running?

wadny
06-01-2013, 04:58 PM
I have Firefox (current version) and Chrome installed on a Windows 7 PC. If you go to the site and click on an article, such as the build of the SimlR Pescarolo Le Mans kit, the page has a link to "Read More: Click Here". This opens a popup with thumbnails of the article and a statement at the end that says "The full version of this article can be seen with
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later."

freakray
06-01-2013, 06:23 PM
I have Firefox (current version) and Chrome installed on a Windows 7 PC. If you go to the site and click on an article, such as the build of the SimlR Pescarolo Le Mans kit, the page has a link to "Read More: Click Here". This opens a popup with thumbnails of the article and a statement at the end that says "The full version of this article can be seen with
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later."

I always see this at the end of an article:

Big size photos are only available in our PDF format.

Post a link to one you're seeing this on, just for interest sake.

ModelerSite
06-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Please read our FAQ.
http://www.modelersite.com/en/112067/frequently-asked-questions

Thanks

wadny
06-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Yes, and I quote from the FAQ:

-There’s an article I’m interested in, but there’s a message saying that it can only be seen with Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Right, as we said before, there are some restrictions. If you are not MSIE user, just order the PDF version.

In IE, the article can be read in full, but the screen is small. In any other browser, the article can't be read; you have to buy the pdf. If you can't read the article in a smaller size to determine if you want to buy it, you can't make that decision. I don't use IE; never have, never will. Current statistics show that IE has between 25-30% of the browser usage on the web, so you're ignoring 70-75% of your audience.

wadny
06-01-2013, 09:16 PM
To freakray: here's the page I was looking at:
http://www.modelersite.com/en/112199/pescarolo--01-similr-1-24-scale

If you click on the Read More: Click Here link, a popup will open with a thumbnail view of the article and the notice about IE that I posted above.

freakray
06-01-2013, 09:33 PM
To freakray: here's the page I was looking at:
http://www.modelersite.com/en/112199/pescarolo--01-similr-1-24-scale

If you click on the Read More: Click Here link, a popup will open with a thumbnail view of the article and the notice about IE that I posted above.

Yep, got the same as you in chrome. went over and opened in IE and was able to read the whole article. I completely agree with your assessment on this matter.

ModelerSite
06-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Wandy, I quote from our the FAQ:
Q:I don’t agree with Modelersite’s policies, and like it happens with other web sites, I wish I could save the articles. What must I do?

A:The articles we publish are the result of a lot of effort, most of them are paid and some are being written especially for us. Modelersite’s policies aim at improving our magazine’s quality, which is an excellent source for information and resources for the modeler. There’s simply no comparison between Modelersite and other web pages, behind ours, there are hundreds of hours work. We’re permanently working to improve the quality we give to our readers and in this way of communication, all suggestions made, are listened, contact our webmaster.

I'm listening your complains, and suggest you become a contributor and will get all the PDF you need for free, and even a payment for the tutorials you write.
We have pretty hard reasons to do what we do, I'm really very sorry that this makes you unhappy, really, but I hope you can find the build in other website, in the way you want.
Good luck

wadny
06-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Mario,
I don't have a problem paying for pdfs of the articles; I subscribe to several monthly model magazines (paper versions), and some of them are getting downright expensive. I also appreciate your situation with the website. I support the websites of my local model club and a band that I am a member of, and supporting different browsers can be a pain. Having said that, the web moves on, and we are long past the days of IE6 (thank god). Redoing the underlying website to use current programming standards would probably be difficult, time consuming and unpleasant, but you may be losing potential customers with your existing approach.

I may take you up on the possibility of publishing an article or two, if I can find the time to put some things together. There are other model builders on this website that are far beyond my capabilities, though, and their stuff is available here for free (with lots of advertising, of course). I guess that's the way things work now, for better or worse.

wadny
06-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Mario,
Not to belabor the point, but it also occurred to me that there are a lot of people now that do their web surfing using smart phones and tablets, and IE is not even available for those devices. Food for thought.

Add your comment to this topic!