Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New car buyer, I have never bought a new car before

Nodame
05-24-2013, 06:59 PM
I am trying to buy a new car soon. I am a 29 year old single woman with no kid. I think I probably do not need too much space. I want a sedan compact or midsize.

I don't know much about cars, so I think when I will go to the cardealers, they will realize that pretty soon and probably take advantage of it. So I need as much info as possible prior to going.

What are brands that you can recommend, my budget is lower than $25k. And what type of financing won't be a total rip off?
Would you advise me to buy a brand new car, or is it better to buy a preowned certified car? I was told Honda civics are nice, reliable and affordable. What do you think?

supra123
06-16-2013, 08:28 AM
With your budget lots of options are open for you.Will reocmmend you to see what are your requirements like whether you need it for long term,daily use etc etc and then choose the best option.YOu can get a lot of model at the budget you have.

SleepyHead98
07-11-2013, 05:26 AM
Some very intelligent people say never ever buy a new car. The value drops the instant it leaves the lot, by atleast 2k. Then continually declines significantly quicker the older it gets, finally slowing down.. The exact words I remember are "NEVER buy a new car, let someone else eat the cost."

Add your comment to this topic!