Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Friends Sierra all gauges swing

drizler
05-19-2013, 09:25 PM
It's a 2000 . She just started seeing the gauges randomly swing all the way over,not sure which way . They stay that way until she starts it again and it's all fine and dandy once more. I'd go into more detail but haven't got them since it's not my truck and this is the first I have heard of it. Has anyone had this problem before and figured it out??

drizler
08-07-2013, 09:53 PM
It's a 2000 . She just started seeing the gauges randomly swing all the way over,not sure which way . They stay that way until she starts it again and it's all fine and dandy once more. I'd go into more detail but haven't got them since it's not my truck and this is the first I have heard of it. Has anyone had this problem before and figured it out??

I'll answer my own question for those who get this same issue. Check the battery. I don't mean does it turn over run start nice but check it out. Hers sailed right through winter without a sneeze but was getting old , around 6 years which is nearly unheard of in the North. Still, Wrench check it and found it was the battery that made the gauges act up. Swapped it out and condition GONE. Happy ending.

Add your comment to this topic!