Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 dodge neon se front end popping

badtransam86
05-19-2013, 08:33 PM
i was wondering if anyone would know what could be the popping in my front end i have took it to the shop they put new shocks and struts and new tie rods on still when i cut the wheel to the right it pops they are a vibration in the steering wheel before and after the repair it even got a four wheel alignment and good tires put on nothing helped it, it helped the other symptoms it had also they are slack in the steering if i go around a right hand curve going from 45 mph and higher its like the car goes to turn and it loosings up and i have to cut the wheel deeper and it will catch and pop any ideas?

jamesslcx
05-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Does the vibration occur at all speeds? Have you checked for a bent rim? Did the shop check for bad strut bearings or mounting plate? Slack in the steering? Possibly the rack and pinion, sounds like you need someone else to check it out.

badtransam86
05-24-2013, 03:13 PM
i had new shocks and struts put on and tie rods also the garage put new tires on but didnt say if the rims was bent but they told me thats all that was wrong with it and still it drives the same learned if you give it gas in a right hand curve its like the front end loosings up and walks back and forth and if the car is setting still and turn the steering wheel to the right it pops it doesnt do this while turning it back to the left

jamesslcx
05-25-2013, 02:07 PM
If it were mine I would start by raising the car and checking for play or looseness in the front-end. Check the rack for tightness, check motor and trans mounts, sway bar bushings etc. If everything is tight we will work from there.

Add your comment to this topic!