Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Intake Manifold?

1996GMCJimmy
05-07-2013, 04:53 PM
I've been getting the good old P0401 code and after replacing the EGR valve and attempting to clean the EGR port I've had no luck. So, Ive decided its probably time to instead replace the upper manifold block since ive had no luck of clearing this code no matter how much I clean the ports.

ive been looking for the upper manifold (Picture 2) but every time I look for it under that name, the black plastic part (picture 1) comes up.

Im looking for the steel manifold part (picture 2), the one on the second picture. What's the correct name for these? and where can I find a good price on one?

Thanks

1996 GMC Jimmy 4.3l Vortec

maxwedge
05-07-2013, 06:28 PM
How about lower intake?

1996GMCJimmy
05-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Follow up....

After a very annoying trouble code P0401, I've found the solution and wanted to share with all. I spend $100 on a new EGR valve and sea-foamed it without success until I bought this little device that you can find at your local Home Depot for a couple bucks (see image #1, #2, and #3).

I ended up pushing this little plastic device up the EGR valve port, the one that comes up from the throttle body and got a bunch of sticky carbon gunk out!!!! This little device was a great cheap way to finally clear the code P0401 I kept having.

Also, the website on this link: http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm_egr_test/gm_egr_valve_5.php was extremely helpful on troubleshooting step by step and determining what was wrong with my EGR system, from the pintle, to the valve, to the clog itself. "Test 7" was the one that helped me fix this code problem.

Add your comment to this topic!