Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Diff Cooler mount

Panoz60
05-07-2013, 11:22 AM
So, I just spent an hour laying under the back of my car with my newly aquired differential cooler and I still cannot find a logical place to mount it. Taking into account the need for air-flow and protection from debris, etc, I'm all over the place. I'm thinking inside the trunk area with a fan?

Since GTS models came with one, can somebody please give me some direction? Pics would be awesome too.

Thanks in advance

Cobra4B
05-07-2013, 12:43 PM
GTS models had a screened scoop that extended below the car.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z81/DONOZO6/79589_zps222f55e0.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z81/DONOZO6/79587_zps3dc01e28.jpg

Panoz60
05-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Perfect. Thanks.

Don O.
05-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Hey that's my cars pictures! Kidding glad to share. I did mount a tranny cooler behind the fuel cell with an electric fan and it works great!

Don

Don O.
05-08-2013, 01:39 PM
BTW that cooler scoop does not look as nice as that anymore. A few wide trips over the rumble strips tends to flatten it out a bit but it still works!

Don:biggrin:

NZGTRA17
05-10-2013, 05:37 PM
So, I just spent an hour laying under the back of my car with my newly aquired differential cooler and I still cannot find a logical place to mount it. Taking into account the need for air-flow and protection from debris, etc, I'm all over the place. I'm thinking inside the trunk area with a fan?

Since GTS models came with one, can somebody please give me some direction? Pics would be awesome too.

Thanks in advance

Mark, I am just finishing off mounting diff and trans coolers. I have used a similar location as the GTS cars. I did this to prevent damage to any air scoop mounted below the car as at present I have regular off track excursions.......

I have mounted both coolers in line, on the RH side of the car up high above the diff. I have built a "pressure box" above the coolers that I am feeding cooling air into via a NACA duct in the top of the RH rear guard (will probably put a semi scoop at the back of the duct to boost duct performance). The hose for the duct mounts into the side of the top of the RH wheel well.

Will post some pics when finished but this configuration has some different ideas to the factory options I have seen so far.

Kel.

Add your comment to this topic!