Page updated on 11-18-2017

Missing rear bumper for Fujimi Diablo SV 98

Some_Kid
05-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Hey guys so I have the MY98 deluxe Lambo Diablo kit by Fujimi. I'm kit bashing it with the revell diablo VT. I have the revell v12 painted and wired, ready go into the Fujimi kit. I plan to make this kit my one master piece and it will take as long as it will take. I have plans to cut half of the chassis and swap it with the revell one to complete the engine swap. I'll also be gutting out the fujimi facade engine compartment.

This is project has been 2 years in the making and it has been stumped by the fact that I lost the rear bumper to the body. The revell rear bumper is not compatible. I would attempt acquiring a fujimi replacement part but I lost the instructions and I dont know how reliable their replacement service is. I'm not willing to purchase a new kit just for a bumper, too expensive.

I was thinking about taking a gamble purchasing a junked italeri diablo since they are just reboxed fujimi's and are pretty cheap. Can anyone confirm that these bumpers would be compatible?

Lastly, does anyone on forum have this piece and would be willing to donate or take money for it? I'm itching to get this one going and posted on the forum. It's been ages since I made a WIP thread. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

JeremyJon
05-06-2013, 09:45 PM
have you tried contacting Fujimi to get a replacement part? I don't know if that's possible, once it was possible to get some parts when missing (tell them your kit opened with it missing), and it may still be possible, and worth a try!?

Some_Kid
05-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Yeah I tried to contact them yesterday. However I couldn't find an english version of their site. So I im not sure if my email went to the right department or not.

BVC500
05-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I have a Fujimi Diablo bumper that I can send you. Send me a PM. It's from the Diablo VT, not later SV series. Many of the parts throughout Fujimi's Diablo series are compatible, but there are minor differences. For example, the SV cars had mesh instead of slats in the rear grills and an extra pair of lights on the bumper. You can see the differences on Hobby Search webpage.

BVC500
05-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Did you still want that bumper?

Add your comment to this topic!