Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

200 Chevy S10 Blazer A/C Problem

mustang_guy3
04-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Okay I am having a problem with my A/C in my Blazer I've had my compressor replaced finally got all of my leaks fixed and replaced all the visible vaccum hoses and still without by passing my heater core I have no Air Conditioning. It just keeps blowing out hot air. No one seems to know or have any idea as to why my Air Conditioner is working. I really like my blazer but after having invested a little over 600.00 into just getting the A/C up and going with no luck is just getting frustrating. I am considering selling it and getting a truck. I would like to keep it if I can get the A/C up and going but I don't want to have to invest a whole lot more money into it. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

brcidd
04-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Do you have manual system? or climate control? Sounds like your temp door is dangling loose- or a bad temp door actuator. You can pull off actuator- it's tight but do-able. It is on top of HVAC case- open glove box and drop it down- then work to get the screws out of temp door actuator- once it is out, you can see if it reacts to control head temp commands- and you can also move temp door with your fingers to full cold and full hot- and see it your system works then.

I suspect you have a broken drive gear internal to the actuator- which requires a new actuator- if it does not move in above test- there-in is your problem.

Add your comment to this topic!