Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 LS V8 over heating

lzsmt3
04-23-2013, 03:40 AM
hello team, please check this over heating issue....I never pass a similar experience like this....

basically the car LS 2003 V8 had an issue with the thermostat....this was necessary be changed after 50 miles of drive the car....in the last 4 miles the temperature increased in a short period time to the high limit...with the protective system the car was turn off.....one time with the mechanical service the follow items was changed: thermostat, radiator, coolant temperature sensor, water pump, plastic joint parts (housings), head seals, coolant and the 2 caps (radiator & coolant tank), this last was damaged by the pressure during the over heating.

after all parts changed I still continue having in the car the high temperature in 8-10 minutes of continue engine operation, after this period time the car turn off automatically by the safety system.

I need information about the coolant flow in the system, the pump pulley rotation, the belt installation, the manner and values to test the old temperature sensor, auxiliary pump and the current CTS (cylinder temperature sensor).

notes: the fan motor is working good, none coolant leak is present, and I already test without thermostat (none change in the result).

i'll appreciate your help and comments.

joegr
04-23-2013, 08:30 AM
See the response with correct bleeding instructions on the other forum that you posted this on.

Add your comment to this topic!