Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Buying a 1996 Saab 900S with bad clutch

Scooter_inVegas
04-13-2013, 08:02 PM
I am buying a 1996 900s from a guy who says he thinks it has a bad throw out bearing. Going to fix the thing myself. I hear someone on here mention that adding a hydaulic master for the clutch is a great modification. I thought I'd get set up on the forum for when I have questions. I'm going to use the Haynes manual to lead me through the repairs. Anyone have any suggestions before I rip into this project? Thanks.

nrico_1
05-04-2013, 09:15 PM
I have a Saab 1994 with the 2.3l. Engine, and I replaced the clutch and the trowout bearing myself and it was a major job. To make the job worth it, I also replaced the front and rear seals, one of the lower swing arm(the lower ball joint rubber boot was torn, the the balljoint itself was slighly loose already), I kept track of all the bolts on a big peice of cardboard and labeled all the bolts where they came from, and the size socket i need, and when possible, the torque spec.Its a major job, I will not trust anybody to do it for me. Too many things can go wrong in the assy. and some of it wont show-up till a few yeras to come.

Add your comment to this topic!