Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 windstar spark and fuel but wont start

diniguez
04-07-2013, 06:47 PM
ok so i have a 99 windstar 3.8 and it does not want to start it turns over but sounds like no fuel i changed the fuel pump because it would turn on but not with the pressure i needed. i checked for spark and its there i have fuel going to the fuel rail but when i did the noid light test there was no flashing i have checked all my relays and fuses and there good i removed my injectors and tested them also fine. im stuck if i spray starting fluid it will start then die if anyone can help it would be most helpful

tempfixit
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
ok so i have a 99 windstar 3.8 and it does not want to start it turns over but sounds like no fuel i changed the fuel pump because it would turn on but not with the pressure i needed. i checked for spark and its there i have fuel going to the fuel rail but when i did the noid light test there was no flashing i have checked all my relays and fuses and there good i removed my injectors and tested them also fine. im stuck if i spray starting fluid it will start then die if anyone can help it would be most helpful

How manyiles on vehicle??

When was the fuel filter changed?

Has the camshaft position sensoir and synchronizer ever been changed??

Add your comment to this topic!