Page updated on 04-21-2018

Ford focus door lock mechanism

04-05-2013, 06:12 PM
My door handle broke off, it wasnt attached on the inside anymore. We found the problem and ordered a handle with actuator. While attempting to fix it, we accidentally broke the plastic piece that was attached to the end of this metal rod. We aren't sure what the plastic piece is called nor the rod. Its all thats left to fix my door handle. Can anyone help out with this? We aren't sure what to call it to get a replacement.

05-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Yeah i had the same thing happen to my Focus. You can either go to the dealership and get a part called door lock/handle connecting rod/bushing and it will cost anywhere from 5 to 10 bucks. Or you can get one from the local junkyard for free like i did. It was cheaper then getting one from the dealership and took only 10mins instead of 2 weeks. lol. So i hope that helps.

Add your comment to this topic!