Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 k2500 Brake issue

hobitopia
04-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Hey all, I recently replaced my brake booster, since the old one was leaking vacuum.

Now that I've got a new one in, the brakes won't immediately release if I depress the brake pedal too hard, and sometimes it will require me to jiggle the brake pedal, or even put my foot behind it and pull it up.

Does this sound more like I just got a faulty booster? It's only a NAPA rebuild. Or does it sound like the new booster is potentially causing caliper issues?

j cAT
04-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Hey all, I recently replaced my brake booster, since the old one was leaking vacuum.

Now that I've got a new one in, the brakes won't immediately release if I depress the brake pedal too hard, and sometimes it will require me to jiggle the brake pedal, or even put my foot behind it and pull it up.

Does this sound more like I just got a faulty booster? It's only a NAPA rebuild. Or does it sound like the new booster is potentially causing caliper issues?

a bad leaking brake booster would cause a very hard brake pedal. since you messed with the linkage to the pedal my guess is you put the new one on wrong or the booster is the wrong one or broken / bent some how.

gremlin96
04-05-2013, 05:20 PM
retest the buster and see if you got a bad one.

DeltaP
04-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Possibly the rod between the master cyl and booster is out of the booster socket. Did you make any adjustments to the rod?

hobitopia
04-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Possibly the rod between the master cyl and booster is out of the booster socket. Did you make any adjustments to the rod?

I didn't make any adjustments to the rod. I just took the old one out and put the new one in.

j cAT
04-06-2013, 01:00 PM
I didn't make any adjustments to the rod. I just took the old one out and put the new one in.

match the old one with new that it is set to the proper dimension. also disconnect and see if the brake pedal sticks.

Add your comment to this topic!