Need PCM pinout 2002 taurus OHV

smileyfaceguy
04-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Hi guys, Sharod,
Got error p1633 KAPWR (keep alive power)
So many pins, so many diagrams online. I thought I had the right one (pin 55)but when I went to test it for power and continuity I see that the color code pk/Lb (pink, light blue stripe) did not match.

Car is a 2002 taurus 3.0 V6 OHV vin code 'U'.
Lokking for the correct PCM pinout.
Much appreciated!

shorod
04-04-2013, 10:27 PM
I can send you the PCM pinout if you send me a Private Message with the request AND an e-mail address for you. However, rather than digging down to the PCM, have you checked the condition of the battery and battery cables? I've seen this code before that's just been due to a corroded or loose connection at the battery. Also, if the battery has been run down to a no-start condition, then charged, it can set and store this code.

Does the car have any other symptoms? Have you tried clearing the code to see if it comes back?

-Rod

shorod
04-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Also, it looks like for 2002 there is a choice of either a 104 pin PCM and a 150 pin PCM. Which does your car have? For the 104 pin the correct signal is on pin 55, for the 150 pin it's signal A44.

-Rod

smileyfaceguy
04-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I will check now to see how many pins.
Yes, new battery and cables good. used DTC tool to erase code and keeps coming back. I will send the private message right away. kB6fBaen

EDIT:20 mins later, there are 104 pins (got 2 pics)
EDITAGAIN: Dont understand private message user interface.(not happening)
Pin 55 on my car is blue with black stripe and the diagram I saw said pink with light blue.

need diagram if possible , Thank you for confirming pin 55, can you tell me where this data came from? I am understandably nervous about messing with PCM in any way. need to be absolutely sure and the color code matching will convince me.
Thanks agai

shorod
04-06-2013, 06:54 PM
I'll use my special moderator powers to gather your e-mail address from your member profile. You should be receiving an e-mail from my Gmail account shortly. The information I'm providing is from the Ford factory service manual for 2002. The pin you're interested in is pin 55 and should be Pk/LB. Keep in mind though that if you're looking at the pin numbered 55 on the ECU, the mating connector pin numbers will be a mirror image. So pin 55 is on the left side of the ECU connector, but when looking at the wiring connector, pin 55 will be on the right side.

-Rod

smileyfaceguy
04-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Thank you! and NP with the email thing , help highly appreciated. The fuel economy is so bad. I looked at the diagrams and maybe the pinouts are the same but my plug has square edges and the diagram shows rounded. I took another search for the elusive 'pin 55 pk/lb' but by the first photo (111) (number 52 on the end)the color just doesnt match, You can see what would seem to be pin 55 and it is definitely not pk/lb.

But for sure I thought about what you said and reversed the whole thing and came up with the 2nd pic(113)that I just now notice from the pic buried 2 rows back in about the right position a pk/lb. There is also a'1' visible. Can you see it? (did not notice this when I took the pic) Maybe that's it??
what do you think?
PS> last pic is a cutout of the pinout that you sent for reference

smileyfaceguy
04-18-2013, 10:21 AM
OK jumping back into it again today:dupe:
gonna start with more pix since it seems the camera can see better than my eyes:gay:
(keep happy, # 1 thing)

shorod
04-18-2013, 12:54 PM
You're counting pins from the wrong end I think. If you look at your first pic above, the bottom row will be pin 1 off to the lower left. The bottom row starts with pin 1 and ENDS with pin 26. Second row from the bottom starts with pin 27 and ENDS with pin 52. Second from from the top STARTS off to the left with pin 53 and ENDS with pin 72. Top row starts with pin 78 off the screen to the left and ENDS with pin 104. You need look at the second row from the top on the left, count over 2 pins, that will be pin 55, and would be in the area of the pink/light blue wire you mention spotting in pic 2.

-Rod

smileyfaceguy
04-18-2013, 01:24 PM
After a coupla weeks of being confused with color code (pk/l b) for pin 55 and finding that on my car pin 55 is grey with blk stripe,

CUT (grey/ black stripe) wire at definite pin 55 (see pic)

Car would not run and got a huge (never seen before) exclaimation mark on dash.
Reconnected it and car runs again. Still have p1633 KAPWR, engine light on
can't explain.:screwy:

shorod
04-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Re-read post #8 above. The gray/black wire you cut is actually wire 49. For pin 55 you need to move up one row, start on the other end (pin 53) and count over to the third wire from the left end (with the orientation in the photo). You might even find that wire is pink/light blue.

-Rod

smileyfaceguy
04-21-2013, 08:47 AM
OK , Got it, Im going to check now

smileyfaceguy
04-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Bottom line, Used a hammer and chisel to bend the tab that FORD pout the ground screw on so I could reach the nut and get a little slack .
Counted thje pins one by one , using numbers on the plate as guide , it is numbered in one direction (as opposed to zig-zag)
Tthe only wire on the pcm plug wire that is pk/lb is pin #53, not 55, it has 0 volts with ignition off (which means exactly nothing), Left with going with a 'shot in the dark' Im extremely angry with ford for skrewing up the diagrams.:runaround:(<putting it lightly).I can't really see WHY.
I am done until next saturday. My spidey sense tells me that pin #53 IS the KAPWR, I WILL find out next weekend.. The trick is, How do I verify before I apply backup voltage to the line? I suppose I will have to (physically track the wire back to the fuse panel..To the PCM KAPWR/ AC Fuse. The one that randomly used to keep blowing but does not anymore.
Thanks for the help man. There WILL be an answer.

shorod
04-21-2013, 08:46 PM
According to the service manual, the KAPWR Pink/LB wire should be a direct connection to fuse F1.22 (10 A), hot at all times, in the battery junction box. You could pull that fuse and check for continuity between the unpowered fuse terminal to the Pink/LB wire at the PCM connector.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!