Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sliding door reset fail

JediKnight2
03-29-2013, 04:03 PM
I got my new roller on today and everything was working like it should....except opening the door using the keyfob, overhead and auto button beside the door. None of them would open the door. However, if you went to open the door manually the auto open would kick in and open. You could then push the button and it would auto close. I thought this might be a reset thing since I had to replace the battery last year and don't remember doing a reset. So I turned the lockout on and went under the hood and pulled the radio fuse for 30 seconds...plugged it back in and waited 10 then turned off the lockout and pushed the overhead open button...nothing happened. I stopped the procedure because it wouldn't open...Now the door is ALL manual..the auto wont kick in at all....any suggestions. I thought if I started the van and maybe put it in drive it might kick in...nope....

Tech II
03-29-2013, 08:22 PM
There is probably a code set in the module.....do you know how to access codes? Do you know how to clear codes? Are you sure that is the correct re-initialization procedure? You might need a manual.....

JediKnight2
03-30-2013, 08:46 AM
I assume you mean getting the diagnostic codes from the door as described here http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=5638964&postcount=3

As far as the reinitialization sequence. I looked in my vehicle manual. It says

Turn off sliding door
Disconnect radio fuse 30 seconds
Reconnect and wait 10 seconds
turn back on sliding door
open door
close door with button

The part that confused me was OPEN DOOR...manually? with a button?

Tech II
03-31-2013, 09:03 AM
Well, I think you are to turn off the switch, remove the fuse for 30 seconds, manually, fully open the door and then close it......then turn the switch on, and then try the open switch on the overhead or "B" pillar....

If that doesn't work, then you need to know the procedure for getting any codes that may be in the module and clear them....then do the reset procedure again.....of course, if the code doesn't clear, the reset procedure won't work....

JediKnight2
04-01-2013, 07:28 PM
OK..got that cleared up, but am right where I started. There were NO codes stored for the sliding door when I got into DTC 1

If I go to manually open the door it opens automatically once I pull the latch. It will close using the overhead or side button. However, it will NOT open automatically using a button...I always have to pull the handle...any suggestions.

gmtech1
04-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Do you have a schematic? Check ckt 750 and 2910 for being open (broken wires) if they are ok you probably have a problem with the unlatch actuator. I think that actuator is part of the latch assy. Also make sure the plunger plate and contacts are clean. Pull the plate and check for corosion on the wires behind it.

woscarr
04-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Don't know if it's same thing but about 6 months ago same thing happened to me. Could close the door automatically but none of the buttons would open the door..!?

Turns out for me it was the spring loaded door contacts, one was jammed in ! Popped it out and all was good again.

Hope this helps..

Cheers!
Wayne.

Add your comment to this topic!