Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2010 Corolla Center Air vents don't blow

ChrisQ724
03-20-2013, 02:00 PM
I recently purchased a 2010 Toyota Corolla. Over all good car and in pretty decent shape. The Only only issue I've found with it is the two center air vents are not blowing, nor does the a/c knob change the air flow. For example regardless of what air setting I have it on it's always the two foot vents and the outter door vents blowing.

Granted the air temp is fine. It responds to whatever temp I want it and it gets plenty cold. So does anybody have any idea if this can be resolved with a simple fix? Appreciate the help.

jdmccright
03-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Sounds like the servo motor that controls that mix mode door is broken, the shaft that the motor connects to the door is broken, or the switch is bad. Key on & engine off with the fan speed knob on low, do you hear any motor whirring or clicking when you turn the knob? Sometimes you can hear it trying to move.

On my '03 Vibe (which is a Matrix), the fresh/recirc door servo wouldn't work when we got it and I was able to hear it trying to move. Turns out one of the gears inside the case had broken a tooth and kept it from turning.

veedubmechanic
04-15-2013, 09:27 PM
You can get under the dash on the drier side by the pedals and look at the heater box and see if the levers move when you change positions.

Add your comment to this topic!