Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where can I tap into Reverse lights at front of van..

woscarr
03-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Hi I just finished installing a new stereo system in the van that needs to tap into the reverse lights. Tapping into the reverse at the back of the van is ok for the back up camera and easy to find.. But where do I tap at the front ? One of the kick panels I imagine, but which wire is it ?

I just installed a Alpine IVA-w205 with backup camera and a pair p2's box with 400w amp. I also installed a TR7 trigger and PAC radio replacement interface for non-on star/bose sys. And changed the rear view mirror to one with a intergrated 4" lcd screen.

Audio is working great, now to work on the video side of it next weekend. Istall the back up camera and wire from the fron to the back of the van, ect...

So it would be really nice if I didn't have to run a wire from the front to the back for the reverse trigger.. The Alpine needs it to change to back camera automatically when car is placed in to reverse.

Thanks
Wayne.

brcidd
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
could be as easy as the BCM- so what year and model of van?

woscarr
03-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Hi it's a 2002

brcidd
03-03-2013, 09:33 PM
It is definitely at transmission position switch on top of tranny- driven by shifter cable- you could trace it into inside of vehicle- probably at driver's side kick panel or in floor conduit that runs to the rear....

9sec5oh
08-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Any pictures of the finished product?

woscarr
08-28-2013, 06:40 AM
Any pictures of the finished product?

I was just over in the Oldsmobile forum thinking it starting to get quiet here.. Oldsmobile brand starting to fade away and maybe I should post some pics of mine..

I've added 7" dvd screens to the head rests since and I ended up running a wire to the back reverse lights for trigger.

Just heading out the door to work but give me a day or two and I'll get some pics up.

Cheers!

9sec5oh
08-28-2013, 01:06 PM
I was just over in the Oldsmobile forum thinking it starting to get quiet here.. Oldsmobile brand starting to fade away and maybe I should post some pics of mine..

I've added 7" dvd screens to the head rests since and I ended up running a wire to the back reverse lights for trigger.

Just heading out the door to work but give me a day or two and I'll get some pics up.

Cheers!

Thanks!

woscarr
09-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Here ya go..

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=7057413#post7057413

Hope this works.

Add your comment to this topic!