Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Water on floor board

sparkyrhett
02-27-2013, 04:10 AM
Why am I getting water on the passenger floor after a rain in my 1999 Buick Century. It is not coolant. The harder the rain, the more the water. Please help

aleekat
02-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Because you have a leak. Seriously. You will have to pull back your carpet. Dry it all down. Get some really cheap baby powder or talc. Sprinkle it on the vertical surfaces. Then garden hose that side. I would start low around the cowling area before moving up to the windshield. The leak will leave "snail trail" to narrow it down.

brcidd
02-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Because it is a "W" car-- look for the infamous rubber seal to be halfway off under the air inlet cowl- right hand side- right above blower motor- take cowl off and you'll better understand- the glue dries up and the 2 ft long rubber seal comes off and allows rain water to drip inside-- usually shorts out blower motor resistor (lower speeds inop) after awhile. I've seen it actualy spray water out of the vents before on high speed blower.

Tech II
02-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Agree with brcidd.....remove passenger wiper arm....remove half of plastic cowl on that side....see huge air inlet opening(if you look down you will see blower motor)........just above the opening is a metal edge where that rubber dam should be(diverts water around the opening)....either came loose or off...use 3M adhesive to put back in place.....

Add your comment to this topic!