Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Zero paints postage issues

RonCla
02-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Looks like the British Royal Mail has Zero Paints in its sights.

This letter is from Hiroboys' Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=460917670648082&set=a.460917653981417.103572.119877814752071&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/#.URlhII63nEk

I've just received an order of Zero Paints from Hiroboy and it looks like it will be my last

Tamm85
02-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Thats quite sad. I can understand that spray paint aind allowed to send,but i dont see threre enything else that could be so dangerous:disappoin

r33nz
02-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Damn..I have an order on the way..or at least I hope I do

Vric
02-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Damn. Is there any other sources for us "oversee buyer"?
I love zero paint and Hiroboy was the only source I know of for Canada.

BVC500
02-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Bad for Zero, good for Scalefinishes! But this does suck for us modelers. Ugh!

da_ashman
02-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Absolutly Gutting!!! I Love Zero Paints & have a wee stash of them but now I wont be able to get all the colours I wanted.
It looks like theres no alternative, shipping by sea its still a prohibited item, cant even sumggle it out of the UK in your checked baggage!!!
So for us down in the bottom of the world surrounded by water it looks like were screwed!!!

RonCla
02-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Absolutly Gutting!!! I Love Zero Paints & have a wee stash of them but now I wont be able to get all the colours I wanted.
It looks like theres no alternative, shipping by sea its still a prohibited item, cant even sumggle it out of the UK in your checked baggage!!!
So for us down in the bottom of the world surrounded by water it looks like were screwed!!!

We do still have the option of going to a local auto paint supplier and getting the same paint mixed and put in a spray can or tin.

The only issue is you need the paint code or a sample and it will cost more than the convenient little bottles that Zero paints supplied.

exhaust smoke
02-12-2013, 05:43 AM
Royal Mail have really clamped down on a lot of products being sent overseas. Apart from the obvious (weapons, etc) they cite paint, alcohol, etc as being a fire risk, so have prohibited it from being sent.

Really bad for Hiroboy's business and for modellers abroad:headshake

Veyron
02-12-2013, 06:35 AM
Total bummer.:frown:

das_auto
02-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Hey guys!

There could still be a way to get Zero paints abroad. If you have a local hobbyshop, maybe they could become a Zero retailer through the
"Trade order" program run by Zero paints.

It says on their website that shipping the paints outside the EU currently is "financially prohibitive". Maybe this would change if several overseas modelshops put in orders on a regular basis.
Until now people probably just ordered themselves by airmail rather than buy from the hobbyshop.

www.zero-paints.co.uk

Until this hopefully happens you can probably order some of the paints from
Domino in Belgium who already is a retailer of Zero paints. And then pray the belgian post is less fussy about paints in the mail.

http://www.domino.be/main.php?action=firmaprods&type=productentools&fabrikant=310&fabrikantnaam=zero_paints&categorie=11&categorienaam=Verf%20/%20Peinture%20/%20Paint&pagina=1

BTW I´m not affiliated with any of the firms, I just want to help. :)

Cheers!

Emil

GirchyGirchy
02-12-2013, 10:37 AM
You'd think there would be a way to ship them ground...would definitely take longer, but worth it if you need the paint. That sucks.

stevenoble
02-12-2013, 11:11 AM
The Royal Mail won't even send them to UK customers via ground anymore. In fact it looks like Royal Mail has prohibited any kinds of liquids being sent at all weather its within the UK or abroad. You have to select Interlink Express (private courier) upon UK checkout if you have paints in your order. It is much more expensive than Royal Mail, almost double the price at nearly £8 per package...

freakray
02-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Here in the US we have to use FedEx or UPS for things like paints, no option like that in the UK?

stevenoble
02-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Here in the US we have to use FedEx or UPS for things like paints, no option like that in the UK?

The Interlink Express service is probably much the same as your FedEx or UPS. Royal Mail is the official UK Mail Service. But there are many other private delivery companies that could be used..

tpliquid
02-12-2013, 12:37 PM
DHL available?

Vric
02-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Until this hopefully happens you can probably order some of the paints from
Domino in Belgium who already is a retailer of Zero paints. And then pray the belgian post is less fussy about paints in the mail.

http://www.domino.be/main.php?action=firmaprods&type=productentools&fabrikant=310&fabrikantnaam=zero_paints&categorie=11&categorienaam=Verf%20/%20Peinture%20/%20Paint&pagina=1

I contacted Domino yesterday and they don't ship paint outside Europe (they said yes at first, but sent me another email few hours later to say no)

stevenoble
02-12-2013, 03:29 PM
If it's impossible to send the paints by whatever means the only alternative is to have a US based agent who would handle the mixing and the sales of the paints in the US. I think it was mentioned before but nothing ever happened..

RonCla
02-12-2013, 09:14 PM
If it's impossible to send the paints by whatever means the only alternative is to have a US based agent who would handle the mixing and the sales of the paints in the US. I think it was mentioned before but nothing ever happened..

The lack of action could be due to at least one other company in America already supplying the market

http://www.scalefinishes.com/

As an example of how extreme theses shipping issues are becoming, late last year a package Hobbylink Japan sent to me was intercepted by the Japanese postal authorities and returned to them because it contained, in their words, a ' dangerous liquid '

The ' dangerous liquid ' they referred to was a 40 ml container of Tamiya Mark Fit decal softener which is water and a organic solvent.

Hobbylink had to remove the offending item then repack my order and resend it.

fafnir
02-13-2013, 11:38 AM
I live in Canada and the inability to buy factory correct paint from these suppliers is frustrating!but i was on the Spotlighthobbies board about a week ago and there was a member there from Quebec,Canada asking if there was interest i believe in supporting either himself or a vendor selling Scalefinishes paint in Canada.I haven't heard anything else but gives me some hope at least.:-)

tonioseven
02-15-2013, 01:26 AM
I live in Canada and the inability to buy factory correct paint from these suppliers is frustrating!but i was on the Spotlighthobbies board about a week ago and there was a member there from Quebec,Canada asking if there was interest i believe in supporting either himself or a vendor selling Scalefinishes paint in Canada.I haven't heard anything else but gives me some hope at least.:-)

That would be John K. Dezan

stevenoble
02-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Just posted on the Hiroboy website, the following update:

Update on the paint situation.

We will soon have a Worldwide shipping option available using UPS for the Hazardous Goods.
We have also managed to secure cheaper DPD shipping prices within most of Europe,this now makes it cheaper than Airmail was for most Countries.
The UK Interlink shipping price should also reduce once we get more customers using it, maybe even lower than the average Royal Mail price is.
Sorry that this situation has caused a few problems for you all. But I hope our honesty in this situation has helped inspire confidence in Hiroboy.com

RonCla
02-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Thats great news. Lets hope the cost of postage will be affordable for those of us outside of Europe.

Vric
02-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Thats great news. Lets hope the cost of postage will be affordable for those of us outside of Europe.

+1. UPS will charge a lot for brokerage, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Add your comment to this topic!