Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blazer with inop gauges, and wont shut down.

Hoags
02-04-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: 1999 Chevy Blazer, 4.3L V6, 173,447 miles

Hey guys,

A buddy and I are working on his 1999 Blazer that he just bought, it has an electrical problem.....the gauges are inop, and the engine wont shut down and the 4X4 wont engage unless the headlight switch is turned on and in some instances the high beams must be on. We have replaced the high beam multi switch, the headlight switch and the ignition module. We suspect that it might be a bad ground or the interior light module (if you know where this module is located please let me know!). If you have any suggestions or input as to where we should begin to investigate I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you in advance!

We just replaced the engine the other day but the problem existed prior to the motor swap.

Dan

MT-2500
02-05-2013, 08:32 AM
RE: 1999 Chevy Blazer, 4.3L V6, 173,447 miles

Hey guys,

A buddy and I are working on his 1999 Blazer that he just bought, it has an electrical problem.....the gauges are inop, and the engine wont shut down and the 4X4 wont engage unless the headlight switch is turned on and in some instances the high beams must be on. We have replaced the high beam multi switch, the headlight switch and the ignition module. We suspect that it might be a bad ground or the interior light module (if you know where this module is located please let me know!). If you have any suggestions or input as to where we should begin to investigate I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you in advance!

We just replaced the engine the other day but the problem existed prior to the motor swap.

Dan

If engine wil not turn off.
Check electrical ign switch.

Add your comment to this topic!