Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ruh-roh

DugMick
02-03-2013, 04:39 PM
I am attempting to change the lower control arms on my 99 Grand Voyager. Loosening the cradle bolts on the left side, the front bolt twisted off. It had about 1/3 of its diameter rusted away. Has anyone here had this happen to them before, and how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Cntrysthbst
02-24-2013, 11:19 PM
you might have to get creative. i have drilled a hole into a bolt and used a reverse threaded bolt to screw into the hole i drilled into the broken bolt and it worked. think the bolt i did mine on was the same bolt size you broke except mine was the front mount bolt. probably the most important thing that helped was spraying PB blaster on it and letting it soak overnight...i tried the easy out things they sell and nothing worked until i did what i mentioned above...i dont know what side the ac drips out on your minivan being you are in another country but in american minivans the ac drips water out on the right side in that area and causes problems with bolts and bushings. if the ac water doesnt drip where the bolt broke then i have no clue...if you try this make sure you use a high grade bolt, the lower grades will snap off...hope this helps...

Add your comment to this topic!