Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1988 k2500 Silverado

jersin
02-02-2013, 03:55 PM
I have a 88 k2500 and when turning left and only left it sounds like peter rabbit under the pass side a tech at my job said the retainer clip on the 4x4 might have came loose on the pass axle any ideas cause all ball joints are good

j cAT
02-02-2013, 05:51 PM
I have a 88 k2500 and when turning left and only left it sounds like peter rabbit under the pass side a tech at my job said the retainer clip on the 4x4 might have came loose on the pass axle any ideas cause all ball joints are good

when turning left the weight goes on passengerside. check front wheel bearing pass side.

push back caliper and check for any defects when rotating hub. check the left side also.

jersin
02-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Ok will do is it common for the cv axle to have side to side play also cause it drips from that seal on the pass side

j cAT
02-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Ok will do is it common for the cv axle to have side to side play also cause it drips from that seal on the pass side

IF THE FRONT GEAR BOX IS LEAKING at the cv input seal then this may mean it is not properly seated. this may be from the hub bearing being so worn it poped out. the cv if properly seated into the front diif should no move in/out very much at the inner cv axle.

just do the inspection and report back what you found.

jersin
02-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks I will im hoping I wont have to rebuild the differential

Add your comment to this topic!