Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

01 Sienna Power Sliding Door ECU replacement

hotpursuit
01-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Does anyone have detailed instructions for replacing the right side sliding door ecu? Some pics or video would be appreciated as well. Even some general tips and some dos & don'ts would be appreciated too.

hotpursuit
02-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Got the ECU replaced. The door will now close using the power button but it will not open. I tried to do the initializing procedure (3 times) but since it will not open I cannot complete the initializing process. I made sure the cable is properly adjusted per the Toyota TSB. The cable looks to be in good condition.

Any idea as to why it won't open? What should I check next?

jgattian
02-14-2013, 09:03 PM
I need to do this on my 2001 Sienna.

Where did you get the replacement ECU?

Any insight on replacing the ECU?

hotpursuit
02-15-2013, 06:33 PM
I bought a used ECU on ebay for $40.

Remove rear seats. Remove rear interior panel. If your van has rear AC and you are replacing the right side door ECU, you will need to remove the D pillar interior panel. Remove the AC duct that is under the D pillar interior panel. Remove the screws holding the rear AC unit to allow the AC unit to tilt inward. Remove the screws/nuts holding the sliding door motor. This should allow you enough room to reach the ECU. Remove the screw holding the ECU. Lift the ECU upward and pull it out. Unplug the wires. Reverse the procedure to install the new ECU and then do the initialization procedure. Initialization procedure can be found by doing an internet search. Don't forget to disconnect the battery before you start.

jgattian
02-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Yes it is the right or passanger side I need to repair and I have rear air. The door fully opens fine just will not close. Bought the van used a month ago. The seller said someone closed the door without realizing it was a power sliding door and it hasan't worked correctly since.

I tried the initializing procedure twice with no luck so I am assuming the ECU is bad since the door motor opens the door fine.

jgattian
02-15-2013, 07:02 PM
I bought a used ECU on ebay for $40.

I didn't see and modules currently on e-Bay. Do you happen to recall the Toyota part number?

hotpursuit
02-16-2013, 05:48 AM
I think the part number is 89741-08030. My door will now close but it will not open.

hotpursuit
02-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Here is a used one for $58 on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/121039105137?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Add your comment to this topic!