Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no gas and no fire

junkman1949
01-26-2013, 03:50 PM
I have a 1992 chev tk with 5.7 mtr quit running going down the road changed the computer and control mod checked all grounds and still no fire or gas. Fuel pump pumping gas. Does anyone know what I might try next, this thing is driving me crazy and right now that is a short trip. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

j cAT
01-27-2013, 10:25 AM
I have a 1992 chev tk with 5.7 mtr quit running going down the road changed the computer and control mod checked all grounds and still no fire or gas. Fuel pump pumping gas. Does anyone know what I might try next, this thing is driving me crazy and right now that is a short trip. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

what can occur is the ignition switch contacts to the computer/fuel pump could be the problem/worn out. with the igntion sw to on engine off check that you have volts with a volt meter to these circuits. having a manual check that this sw is working correctly. just because the engine cranks does not mean you have a voltage going to the computer/fuel pump etc...

junkman1949
01-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Just checked the voltage have fire on the coil and fuel is pumping gas with the line off. Injectors are not clicking when you turn the switch on though. Thanks for the reply any more suggestions I can try other than match or Bic lighter Thanks again

j cAT
01-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Just checked the voltage have fire on the coil and fuel is pumping gas with the line off. Injectors are not clicking when you turn the switch on though. Thanks for the reply any more suggestions I can try other than match or Bic lighter Thanks again

with the ignition on check for voltage at the injectors. the voltage should be there. then check that the ground side is routed back to the computer. for the injector to open the pcm grounds the return side of injector coil. check the grounds at/for the engine/pcm.

if the injectors do not click when cranking then it is also possible that the cps is messed up/wiring..

junkman1949
01-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the info will check everything in the daylight again and see what happens then will give update either way . Thanks again

junkman1949
01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Checked everything on truck changed computer, module,coil. and finally dist and fired right up. Must have been the the dist, runs great now thanks for the heads up on everything. Might not be long till I need something else Thanks Again

j cAT
01-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Checked everything on truck changed computer, module,coil. and finally dist and fired right up. Must have been the the dist, runs great now thanks for the heads up on everything. Might not be long till I need something else Thanks Again

I think that the injector pulse comes from the distributor. so if the distributor was bad then the injectors would not get a operation signal.

with a truck that old you will have more issues . good luck.

2000CAYukon
01-28-2013, 05:44 PM
This might help: http://www.slantsix.org/articles/dibiase_efi/gm-ign-module-schm.jpg

The pin numbers might not match but the rest is accurate.

//2000CAYukon

junkman1949
01-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Thanks for that info gives me a better understanding of what is supposed to be going on in that thing. Thanks again

j cAT
01-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Thanks for that info gives me a better understanding of what is supposed to be going on in that thing. Thanks again

something to make sure its in good condition would be the plug wires and the routing of these wires . I would remove each wire and measure resistance and check for any insulation defects. if the resistance or wire condition is with defects replace .

time does effect these electronic devices. bad wires however will cause these devices to fail. replacing all the distributor/ignition components would be the correct repair with the age factor here.

also the MPG is important now with high prices.

junkman1949
01-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks but step ahead I guess replaced them yesterday truck is doing real good right now will have to see how it all pans out. Thanks again for all your help is greatly appreciated.

Add your comment to this topic!