Page updated on 09-20-2017

Hybrid car for long legs?

LongLegsNoCar
01-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Hello,

Iím looking for a hybrid car, but the problem is that Iím 6í8Ē with a ridiculous 40Ē inseam. For most cars I sit in, my knees hit the wheel, and I canít angle my legs because then Iím hitting the brakes at an angle. Iím skinny and my torso is more normal size, so there isnít as much a problem with seat width or headroom. Iíve sat in a 2012 Toyota Camry hybrid and a 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid, but no luck with my knees. I did drive a Chevy Impala (2008?) for a weekend, and my legs were very comfortable, however I would like a hybrid for gas mileage. I know there are listings of cars for tall people, but I havenít had much luck finding hybrid cars for tall people. Could anyone please tell me if they are familiar with fuel efficient cars for people with really long legs?

Thanks in advance!

autoservice2013
02-01-2013, 04:32 AM
If the car is not designed with too many power features in the driver's seat, I believe that some companies sell extender rails to provide more leg room. I drive a 2008 FEH, but it does not have the kind of room you appear to need (and it only gets 30 MPG).

Add your comment to this topic!