Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Auto part? Help ID Please!

ewarnick
01-03-2013, 03:11 PM
I don't know if this is anything automotive but I thought someone with more knowledge of tools in general might recognize it. They are 4" high and 7" long. The top hole is about 2.25" across and the bottom one is about 3". I have two of them. Thanks!

oldblu65
01-04-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm going to give my best guess as to what your photos are showing - I think it is a urethane " bump stop " . They are used to limit and cushion the vehicle's axle during extreme suspension travel such as hitting a deep pothole in the road . I might be totally wrong as I stated this is my best guess ? I could perhaps find out for sure if you really need to know ? It may be non automotive related as well and the possibilities would be unlimited in that respect ??

ewarnick
01-04-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm going to give my best guess as to what your photos are showing - I think it is a urethane " bump stop " . They are used to limit and cushion the vehicle's axle during extreme suspension travel such as hitting a deep pothole in the road . I might be totally wrong as I stated this is my best guess ? I could perhaps find out for sure if you really need to know ? It may be non automotive related as well and the possibilities would be unlimited in that respect ??

You are right! I Googled bump stops and found them. Thanks, I was stumped.

Add your comment to this topic!