Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Windshield Reservoir problem

proscroby
12-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Today I noticed that there was no fluid when I tried to wash the windscreen. I filled the reservoir but it all leaked out. I have a '98 GP GT. I noticed that there is a hose sitting at the side of the tank and I'm not sure where it comes from. How do I check to see where the tank is leaking? Is there any way to check or remove it without going under the car? The temperature in Canada is 15 deg. F and very cold! When I turn on the control, I can hear the pump running.:frown:

gmtech1
12-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Think you need to pull the inner fender lining to access the tank. Did the hose just come off of the pump? If the tank is completely empty, the leak is at the bottom.

proscroby
12-30-2012, 03:18 PM
The hose was just laying next to the tank. I guess taking of the fender liner involves jacking up the car and removing the wheel. I will have to wait until it warms up a bit as it is bitterly cold today. Thanks for the tip.

proscroby
12-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the info gmtech1. I braved the weather and removed the inner fender. The hose had come off at the bottom. I replaced it and secured it with a clip.
Thanks again.

Add your comment to this topic!