Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2012 Liberty jet package

ncinirator
12-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Put the lady in a 12 Liberty with no miles on it. With around 600 miles she complained of a vibration at/above 60 mph.

I drove it and at 60 and up i feel a vibration in the seats, gas pedals, steering wheel, just about everywhere.

This is our first Jeep. Don't know what to expect the stealerahip.

Has anyone else expereinced this problem?

dagwan11
12-28-2012, 08:39 AM
First of all, and I am a Jeep owner, you should have never bought a Jeep! Your in for an experience especially dealing with the service department and a warranty issue to boot. I like to say this is a tire out of balance but it also could be a drive line issue as well. Good luck.

ncinirator
12-28-2012, 10:12 AM
I understand where you're coming from. But I believe what you're trying to say is that I'm going to have a hard time with the service department, and they probably are not going to fix it correctly the first time or they're going to try and blame it on natural characteristic of the way it rides and cause us to have to come back repeatedly until they do fix the costlier issue first- right?

I have always had american cars, my first foreign car was a 2007 Acura & never had a design problem nor a mechanical issue.

Its disappointing to come back to an American brand and have what seems to be a problem not even in the 1000 miles of service. But machines cant be perfect when made/designed by imperfect humans.

dagwan11
12-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Your service department my be awesome, who knows. Just my experience dealing with different Chrysler dealerships and corporate office was disappointing to say the least. The last time I took my Liberty into service for a check engine light, they had it for two weeks trying to fix what they had destroyed. Then I find out the mechanic that started the work, left after ruining more during the repair process. 5-star service my ass. Sorry for my rant, guess it could be any manufacturer produced item like you said.

ncinirator
12-28-2012, 09:33 PM
They test drove it today and said they felt nothing. Another tech drove it & said tires needed balanceThen said the tires needed balance. I wasn't there, the lady said it still vibrated after she left with it.

Guess I'll have to go myself, looks like I'm getting that 'service department' service others complain about.

dagwan11
12-29-2012, 04:39 AM
They test drove it today and said they felt nothing. Another tech drove it & said tires needed balanceThen said the tires needed balance. I wasn't there, the lady said it still vibrated after she left with it.

Guess I'll have to go myself, looks like I'm getting that 'service department' service others complain about.

I would load up the service manager, general manager, mechanic and go for a ride(Just like the salesman glued to your ass during the test drive). This is the only way to show them the problem you are experiencing. So, two different mechanics and two different outcomes...your in for some fun. I would keep a paperwork trail to all work done and when. If you have to submit anything to the dealership management/customer service regional office, at least you'll have some weight in your corner.

dagwan11
01-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Was your problem ever resolved by the dealer?

ncinirator
01-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Still haven't gone back the second time. The first time they said nothing was wrong with it but they adjusted the tire pressure & didn't put that on the service receipt.

We are taking it back this Tuesday & i am taking the advice to pile a mechanic and service manager in the jeep ad take them on a drive ti point it to them.

ncinirator
01-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Took it to another dodge dealership today. Took the service writer out for a ride. It was raining, the vibration didn't happen at 60, it happened at 70 and above.

He felt it & heard it. He even had me put it in neutral at 60 to see if the vibration wet away. It did not.

He looked the jeep by vin in their system to if there a service bulletin out for that issue. Nope. So they put us in a loaner and kept it.

More to come.

dagwan11
01-17-2013, 05:06 AM
This sounds interesting....

ncinirator
01-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Service writer called today. They cannot find a fix for the problem & do not know what is causing it. They tried a bunch of stuff but don't have another 2012 model year to test drive to see if its a characteristic of that model year itself.

We were told to go back to the dealership we got it from & see what they will do for us, and given a 800 number to call chrysler is case web get jerked around ( which we will probably get jerked around ).

More to come.

dagwan11
01-17-2013, 04:53 PM
I would look into the Maryland lemon laws and hope the original dealer that sold it to you has some integrity and make this right. Good luck.

ncinirator
01-20-2013, 08:25 AM
The original dealer seemed angry that we went to another and they acknowledged there was a problem that they could not resolve.

We are dropping the jeep off Tuesday at the original dealer, now they want to look at it.

More to come.

dagwan11
01-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Angry....It's called getting a second opinion. I hope they fix it for you.

dagwan11
01-26-2013, 06:34 AM
Any updates on your Liberty???

ncinirator
01-26-2013, 07:27 PM
The stealership acknowledged that there is a vibration but they say they do not have another Liberty of the same year/model to drive to compare. They are bringing someone from Chrysler in and gave a date to bring the Jeep back in the first week of February.

In the mean time they gave us the Jeep back, I'm not pleased about this because we are putting miles on it every day and I'm worried they will use that as an excuse when to low ball us when/if that time comes that they acknowledge the thing is a lemon and they have to buy it back.

I think I should consult and attorney that specializes in these things, if one even exists.

dagwan11
01-27-2013, 05:10 AM
That really sucks! There are lawyers that specialize in this type work. I searched Lemon Law in Maryland and got quite a few hits on the subject.

The Maryland Lemon Law covers vehicles that have a significant non-conformity which can not be fixed after a reasonable number of repair attempts (normally four). or a serious braking or steering problem which can't be fixed after the first try. The nonconformity must occur in the first 24 months of ownership or 18,000 miles, whichever comes first. The MD Lemon Law also covers vehicles that have been out of service 30 or more days within the first 24 months.

I'd consult a lawyer and the Manager of that dealership. You have an known problem that they should fix. They should keep the vehicle at the dealership and give you a loaner until it is either repaired or replaced. I'd also call and send a letter to Chrysler about this. Keep a paper trail of everything you do.

If you feel this is a safety issue, don't drive this vehicle!

dagwan11
02-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Hopefully they can resolve this without going to the legal system. Plus, it looks pretty bad on the dealership if they act like an ass.

ncinirator
02-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Dealership called yesterday and said the appointment was canceled because the guy had an emergency. They said they will call us back with another date.

More to come....

dagwan11
03-15-2013, 03:07 PM
So did you ever get it fixed or did the problem go away?

Add your comment to this topic!