Page updated on 11-17-2017

Anyone else excited with prospect of MFH F1 GTR ?

Pages : [1] 2

lezdep
12-21-2012, 12:12 PM
It looks like MFH figured out their licensing with McLaren and finally is developing F1 GTR full detail kit for 2013. See picture below.
They don't say it is F1 GTR and are putting "?" in the announcement. But from the pictures and comments from a member of f1m.com forum,
who visited MFH recently and saw CAD images, it's pretty much certain that kit is of F1 GTR. Picture only shows chassis, so it's not possible
to say if it's going to be short or long tail version. My guess would be short tail first and hopefully long tail next at some point. I guess we'll learn
more later, as they post more progress.

Best news of 2012, if you ask me. One of my most dreamed cars. I would have preferred it to be 1/12. But 1/24 will do as well.

News announcement link (http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/en/archives/8839#more-8839)

http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/monocoque01s.jpg

sportracer02
12-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Just wait for the announcement of the price, that will cool down lots of exitement - especially when hiroboy will offer that kit, ´cause at the moment their top-sellers are about 100 % more expensive than f.e. from hlj ( Sauber F1: http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/product_info.php?currency=EUR&products_id=4889#.UNSe5qyQOvg - http://www.hlj.com/product/FUJ09141 ;; Red Bull F1: http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4850#.UNSfI6yQOvg - http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM20067 )

jano11
12-21-2012, 02:37 PM
If they make it an injection kit then it's fine otherwise not at all excited about a +350€ price for a resin kit.

sjelic
12-21-2012, 04:07 PM
It is very nice news, even thou price is a big turn of, for me, this is one kit I always wanted as full detail kit.

RonCla
12-21-2012, 05:06 PM
There was talk a few months back on Aoshimas' Facebook page about them doing the same car.

It would be a far more affordable offering if they do actually produce it.

I wonder if MFH will do the body of this F1 GTR in resin or plastic like their new T4 ?

hirofkd
12-21-2012, 07:27 PM
I'll wait until Aoshima announces their next supercar kit presumably in mid April since it could well be the McLaren F1.

If Aoshima releases something else, and Fujimi continues ignoring it (even though they have the license), MFH can be an alternative as long as the price is right. Their T4 is relatively inexpensive compared to other full kits, but 15000+ yen range is still too high for me because I can buy three, four or even more injection kits for the same money.

tonioseven
12-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm sure it will be a nice kit but the price is out of my range. I would pay DEARLY for a good stock F1 kit though.

ataschner
12-22-2012, 02:37 PM
I'll wait until Aoshima announces their next supercar kit presumably in mid April since it could well be the McLaren F1.

I would bet on Aventador J

But I also prefer F1 GTR...

lezdep
12-22-2012, 03:03 PM

I wouldn't bet on Aoshima. They seem to be concentrated on domestic subjects mostly. And I doubt they have what it takes to
make licensed full detail McLaren F1 kit.

If Aoshima releases something else, and Fujimi continues ignoring it (even though they have the license), MFH can be an alternative as long as the price is right. Their T4 is relatively inexpensive compared to other full kits, but 15000+ yen range is still too high for me because I can buy three, four or even more injection kits for the same money.
Hiro, if you had 312T4 in your hands you would know that it is unfair to compare it to a plastic kit. It only has 2 trees of plastic parts,
which is may be 25-30% of total number. It has a lot of metal parts, including quite a few turned parts and mesh for velocity stacks.
I cannot come up with similar set of plastic kit and after market parts to make up same level of detail. The only thing which could come close
is MP4/4 plastic kit with TopStudio super detail set. That combination could be comparable to what MFH provides in their 312T4. And you're
immediately in the same price range.

I wish MFH would do F1 GTR as hybrid kit a well. Because, imho, it would outsell 312T4 as more popular subject. Actually road F1 would
probably sell even better.

lezdep
12-27-2012, 01:17 AM
New pictures posted. Anyone can see now it really is a F1-GTR.

http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/rearview1_01s.jpg

stratos75
12-27-2012, 05:03 AM
I'm waiting it since 1995. I will buy at least one anyway, because there is too much time to finish my own full detail. For me the time is much more expensive. Also, I'm waiting news from Aoshima.

stratos75
12-27-2012, 07:04 AM
I have to add that 3D model from MFH has some imperfections comparing to my own 3D.
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4131/14224223.33/0_7ed83_ea0605af_XL.jpg (http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/mikhailpetrenko/view/519555/)

But I need a powertrain with exhaust system, a suspension, a cooling system, brakes, etc.

lovegt40
12-27-2012, 08:01 AM
wonder about the price for this one...

lezdep
12-27-2012, 12:19 PM
I have to add that 3D model from MFH has some imperfections comparing to my own 3D.

I hope that's not the final 3D model from MFH and they will have all the details
when it finished.

But I need a powertrain with exhaust system, a suspension, a cooling system, brakes, etc.
Yeah, there is a lot of work needed and if you're not full time on it, like designers
at MFH are, it could take a long time to complete.

If it's not a hybrid kit, then typical Y29000-Y30000, I would expect. Not cheap,
but if you want full detail F1-GTR, like I do, there aren't any options at present.

One point for the future. If it's true, that Fujimi is copying successful MFH's
models, then we could expect plastic copy in the future. But I cannot
predict the future and I doubt anyone else could say it is for sure going to
happen. In other hand recently it pays off to not jump on with MM kit, and
rather wait and see what will come out in plastic later. MP4/27 and C31 and
rumored E20 are stark examples. At least that's the situation on Formula1 kits
market.

jano11
12-29-2012, 08:11 PM

Peanuts, only around 300-350 Euro when you factor in the taxes.

Fkouch
12-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Oh god, is the wait nearly at an end? Have the powers that be finally got off their arses and given the world what they want? Let's wait and see... :sly:

gp-models
12-30-2012, 12:13 PM
It would be great if MFH will do a 1:12 Full scale version and i agree that the short neck is the most wanted version, hope they come up with such kit! :)

Vric
12-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Only thing is a 1/12 MFH kit would be $700+++

I'm happy with a full detail 1/24. I will be in for one. Hope it's an hybrid kit.

gp-models
12-31-2012, 11:08 AM

Of course! But it will be worth every $ i think ;)
Remember the APM 1:12 Mclaren`s, ok, it was a ready build model, but without any moving parts and less details, but the price was about 1200$ i think to remember!
However, i will take each and every scale cause this is one of my favorite cars and i did a lot in 1:43, espacially the ones that never been done by diecast producers like minichamps.

lezdep
01-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Of course! But it will be worth every $ i think ;)
Remember the APM 1:12 Mclaren`s, ok, it was a ready build model, but without any moving parts and less details, but the price was about 1200$ i think to remember!
However, i will take each and every scale cause this is one of my favorite cars and i did a lot in 1:43, espacially the ones that never been done by diecast producers like minichamps.With prices on 1/12 Minichamps' die-casts in the range of $350-$500, $700 for full detail multi-media F1-GTR 1/12 model kit would be a fair deal, imho. I'm pretty confident,
MFH model will have more details then die-cast. In other hand if some plastic kit vendor would do it in 1/12, that would be whole new ball game. Though the only quality
I personally would accept would be Tamiya's.

... Also, I'm waiting news from Aoshima.
I wouldn't hold my breath for model from Aoshima. The comment from facebook post where Aoshima's employee mentions that F1 was 3 times on their design bench
and didn't make it, makes me specifically doubtful. I personally fear they might not have guts to actually do fully detailed accurate model F1. There is some chance
that if MFH's model sells well Fujimi could copy it or make their own kit. I guess we'll probably see this
story unfold this year.

Fkouch
02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
My dilemma is this. For the price that this 1/24 MFH kit will have, I could probably get TWO 1/18 Autoart versions. Yes they would be the street versions, and they would be pre-built, but it's still a bit of a pickle.

If they DID do a 1/12 version however, I think I would be seriously tempted to save up and treat myself.

Vric
03-04-2013, 11:38 AM
MFH updated their page and release date is next month (wasn't expecting this before the end of the year, but guess they are on a roll lately)

http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/en/archives/8839

freakray
03-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Oh man, my bank account is taking a beating.....

drunken monkey
03-04-2013, 02:20 PM
I think I was excited when Profil24 listed it as being in development but after so long I kinda gave up.

On the other hand, now that MFH has announced it, I am more in the "at last" kind of mood, especially seeing as it it is now made using modern methods and modelling the car accurately as opposed to the old fashioned "make it look right externally" only method.

Thumbs up from me and yeah, not good for my watch fund.

stratos75
03-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Prototypes look very good!
I'm anticipate that I can complete my scratchbuild McLarens by means of copying of many details from this set.:smokin:

lezdep
03-04-2013, 04:29 PM
There are more photos of prototype on club-barchetta site - http://www.club-barchetta.com/mfhnext.html

racer93
03-04-2013, 04:50 PM

I'm happy with a full detail 1/24. I will be in for one. Hope it's an hybrid kit.

Nah, I paid $600 US for my 1/12 97T...thank GOD for the Yen falling!

I think it would be around that, +/- 5%.

I'm REALLY excited about this one! As a note on simplification, most MFH kits have this in one form or another. I'm doing their early 962C and it has quite a bit of detail omitted. Not a biggie, as it's easily added back in. Nothing expensive, just a bit of work. All in modeling fun. There is no perfect kit...:cool:

racer93
03-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey Lez,

Just after looking at the new pics of the F1, any chance it might be a hybrid kit? It's probably just resin but seeing all that white made me thing (and hope) that they may be pondering another hybrid kit...

Thoughts?

Vric
03-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Hey Lez,

Just after looking at the new pics of the F1, any chance it might be a hybrid kit? It's probably just resin but seeing all that white made me thing (and hope) that they may be pondering another hybrid kit...

Thoughts?

Wouldn't count on it :(

・The main parts of this multi-material kit are made of urethane, white metal, alloys, photo etch sheets, decals, and etc.

As soon as HobbyEasy has it, I place my preorder

racer93
03-04-2013, 07:55 PM
What is made of urethane? Is that what resin is? Kinda confused...

stratos75
03-05-2013, 01:21 AM
What is made of urethane? Is that what resin is? Kinda confused...
https://www.google.com/search?q=urethane+resin&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:ru:official&client=firefox-a

racer93
03-05-2013, 03:03 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=urethane+resin&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:ru:official&client=firefox-a
A yes would have been ok, too...:tongue:

sam01contact
03-12-2013, 01:54 AM
Just posted in MFH's site:

Price: 34,650 YEN (Tax incl.) = $359.232 USD

I need a second job :frown:

freakray
03-12-2013, 07:53 AM

At that price my wife may list it in the divorce papers if I was to buy one :lol2:

lezdep
03-12-2013, 11:47 AM
For buyers outside the Japan price will be Y33000. We would not need to
pay Japanese taxes. And if you buy from US dealers you might get an extra
discount as well. However this is the most expensive 1/24 scale kit from MFH
to date. I guess those McLaren licenses don't come up cheap. Besides
this is the most advanced MFH full detail kit to date.

stratos75
03-12-2013, 02:46 PM
At that price my wife may list it in the divorce papers if I was to buy one :lol2:
I will buy one anyway, and then will copy it and build in a various liveries that I have already accumulated. May be will combine it together with my own parts.

ChicoBR
03-12-2013, 02:46 PM
At these prices I will stick with the Modelers long tail version I have and the Studio27 LeMans winner, both already paid.
:grinyes:

Francisco

ScaleCentral
03-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I will save up and get the LeMans winner to go in my collection. Since the Yen is falling to the dollar it won't be as bad as it would have been a year ago. Just recently I got a 917LH for $287! Last year it was approaching $355 or so. I've got to get the 908/3 first though.
Nic

MidMazar
03-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Nice but I do agree I would get the studio 27 or modelers one because they r cheaper

stratos75
03-13-2013, 05:33 PM
... I would get the studio 27 or modelers one because they r cheaper
But they both have wrong body shape. It is very critical for me. I have got one from Studio 27, but going to throw it out. :puke:

freakray
03-13-2013, 06:28 PM
But they both have wrong body shape. It is very critical for me. I have got one from Studio 27, but going to throw it out. :puke:

You're welcome to put it in my 'trash'.

stratos75
03-13-2013, 07:38 PM
You're welcome to put it in my 'trash'.
Well, we can talk about it in the PM, if you really want it.

F1Tommy
03-14-2013, 08:59 AM
I already have the Profil 24 one and its better than both the Modeler and Studio 27 chunks of resin. The Profil 24 kit is not easy to build but with the skills you should be able to make it look very good. It has a good motor with nice detail.

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo 2013-Chicago March 23rd 2013

lovegt40
03-14-2013, 09:46 AM
tom do u mean the short or long tail mclaren from profil24?

F1Tommy
03-14-2013, 12:28 PM
tom do u mean the short or long tail mclaren from profil24?

Yes short tail as that's all they made. Hiro is also making a short tail..The Profil 24 is a very nice model but does have fit problems.

freakray
03-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Yes short tail as that's all they made. Hiro is also making a short tail..The Profil 24 is a very nice model but does have fit problems.

Is there some different Profil one we haven't seen, the one I had was such an out-of-proportion lump with so many air bubbles in it I gave up and threw it away. The Profil body isn't even symmetrical.

lovegt40
03-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Ok, didint know they made more than one body (so only short tail cars). Have one, think is the harrods car.it doesnt looks so bad, but I know so few about this model.thats why I am so courious.
Isnt the same resin used for the ueno clinic livery?

F1Tommy
03-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Ok, didint know they made more than one body (so only short tail cars). Have one, think is the harrods car.it doesnt looks so bad, but I know so few about this model.thats why I am so courious.
Isnt the same resin used for the ueno clinic livery?

Yes its the same model. I think this kit is not bad at all. I really did not like the Modelers or Studio 27 kits. They may have been "symmetrical" but they had very little detail. For those who wish to spend $350.00 on a kit thats fine, but I am happy with the Profil 24 kit I already have. I paid $120.00 a few years ago for it, and made a profit when I dumped the chunks of resin from Modelers and Studio 27 I had on ebay(same master was used for both).

SmokeyR67
03-14-2013, 04:54 PM
I have to add that 3D model from MFH has some imperfections comparing to my own 3D.http://www.smokemaps.com/1.jpghttp://www.smokemaps.com/28.jpghttp://www.smokemaps.com/3.jpghttp://www.smokemaps.com/5.jpg http://www.smokemaps.com/4.jpghttp://www.smokemaps.com/29.jpg

Are your renderings perfect?

Johan_SWE
03-14-2013, 05:39 PM
This looks very nice indeed.

Just wish they would make a nice long tail F1-GTR LM straight after this one :)

eyckles
03-14-2013, 06:41 PM
This looks very nice indeed.

Just wish they would make a nice long tail F1-GTR LM straight after this one :)

Aoshima is going to release the Long Tail next year.

Best regards,
Lesley

lovegt40
03-15-2013, 05:56 AM
I was interested to an important response as Tom one is after I read this review in our forum:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/t370258-profil_24_vs_studio_27_mclaren_f1.html

Matt talks quite bad of the french model (that I bought few days before this reading and was soo excited to have this incredibly nice car inm my collection), and after such reading I get immediately in panic......until I open my box.
Of course some details are little "blobbing" as typical from profil,the fitting is ugly too, many details must be redone, but the point was.....the bodyshape was quite good imho, and thats why I deceided to save one (cause of course bought more than one for shop and friends).

Sure, the masterpieces we are loving on the WIP section here are completely another world,it is also true in such russian hands also a blob of stones will become an incredibly nice model, but also I think for the price asked (around 100 euros) the profil really worths it, and for the short tail version there are a lot of too nice livery to reproduce,cause I am planning to make more than one.

Btw I also have the long tail studio27 model (thanks kai).Of course she has got more sharped details (few details honestly LOL :D), but surely not worthed the beginning stellar price they ask for it, unless u find a good used bargain as I did.

sjelic
03-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Since I love this car so much, I will get MFH one also , I have both S27 and Profil kit, they are much different, not only in details and engine, but in overall shape, I can take some comparation photos (will try to do that today) and then you can see the difference.
I agree with Tom that Profil kit has much more potential since it is full kit and not die-cast like (as S27 or Modeller's), but shape of it doesn't look as good as S27 and wheels are useless.
Anyhow, I will post some pictures and will wait for MFH to make a nice threesome :) (this sound a bit geekish :D)

lezdep
03-15-2013, 12:13 PM
To put this thread back on subject. Does anyone want 1/12 MFH kit of this car ?
I've put my request for one onto MFH's Facebook page. I encourage anyone else
who wants 1/12 kit to do the same. Seeing how MFH releases same kits in 1/20,
1/43 and 1/12, I think with proper encouragement we could see them upscale
F1-GTR as well. That will be the kit, I'm prepared to spend a fortune on.

lezdep
03-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Is that a confirmed fact or just wishful rumor ? What is your source ?
Aoshima is going to release the Long Tail next year.

Best regards,
Lesley

eyckles
03-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Is that a confirmed fact or just wishful rumor ? What is your source ?

I heard it on a Belgian forum. These are the version that are going to release:

McLaren GTR F1 (LWB)
4 versions:

Street version
Gulf (Le Mans 97)
LARK (Le Mans 97)
Loctite (Le Mans 98)

Best regards,
Lesley

leafs004
03-15-2013, 07:20 PM
I heard it on a Belgian forum. These are the version that are going to release:

McLaren GTR F1 (LWB)
4 versions:

Street version
Gulf (Le Mans 97)
LARK (Le Mans 97)
Loctite (Le Mans 98)

Best regards,
Lesley

If that turns out to be true, I may have to get a couple of those!

lovegt40
03-16-2013, 04:54 AM
http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/archives/8839

Vric
03-16-2013, 03:34 PM
If that turns out to be true, I may have to get a couple of those!

It's been 10 years since the last rumor I hear about F1GTR. Finally MFH does it.

dada man
03-17-2013, 07:01 PM
dam this is one amazing model.

Add your comment to this topic!