Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

88 ranger 2.3l efi pics needed

greasygirl
12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
:banghead: 88 ranger 2.3l efi cranks but wont start 98% of the time. fuel pump relay, spark plugs, ignition switch were replaced. a burnt fusable link was found & they replaced it with an in line fuse, not sure if thats ok or not but the truck ran for a couple weeks then dead battery overnight. jumped it only to have it missfiring & idling way too high. next day it just wont start. this is when its dumped on me:shakehead oh ya to make it worse some tweekers :nono: got ahold of it before i did and the vacuum lines are a mess, and i have a now have mass of wiring coming off the starter silenoid and going into relay and fusable links and god knows where else. I checked his month old spark plugs and found that they were the wrong ones, so i replaced them & redid the vacuum lines it fired right up ran for a minute then died. I had the ignition modulator checked its fine. keep in mind the dead battery, cuz if it s left hooked up over night its dead, ( its a good battery) & its draining the battery crazy fast just trying to start it. i would love a pic of the components properly hooked up on the passenger side firewall. I am not sure whats what and where it goes. there is connectors behind but not attached to the air cleaner housing that are unplugged & I'm not sure if they should be or not..:uhoh:I'm not a mechanic nor a demolition expert and this truck needs both

Add your comment to this topic!