Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2013 Fusion SE battery

Gratiotguy
12-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I picked up a new 2013 Fusion last week, drove it for 86 miles over the next 5 days, parked it for three days while I went out of town on work. When I got home, I tried to start the new car and it was dead. No power at all. Doors wouldn't power lock/unlock, no lights, nothing. Called the roadside assistance and they came out to jump the battery. It started after 10 minutes of charging. The guy from roadside said he has had to jump several 2013 Focus and Fusion lately.

This car is brand new, it had 4 miles on it when I picked it up from the Dealer.

Anyone else had this issue?

aleekat
12-09-2012, 12:49 PM
2013. Take it to the dealer. I wouldn't do any work on that new of a car.

Gratiotguy
12-09-2012, 01:49 PM
It is definitely going back to the Dealer for service. The remote starter also stopped working a few days after bringing it home.

I'm just looking for others who have also experienced the dead battery issue before bringing it in for service.

flundber
12-12-2012, 10:51 AM
On my 3rd battery in a 2010 fusion. The 1st may have been caused by letting it go dead too many times in the show room but now will go in 48 hrs of sitting. Car is at the dealers they requested an extra day so will let you know results.

Results are in blame the add on back up camera which has a millieamp draw. I will add a switch which will shut off the camera when the car is off. Circuit can be found on QST ARRL web site. I am an extra class licensed ham so I really belive this haha

Add your comment to this topic!