Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Code p0456

alex109
12-08-2012, 08:43 PM
i'm new here and i have a Eclipse 2003 gts wich has a code P0456 i cannot get red of it and it comes on only early morning when it's cold outside and then i cleared it and then don't come until may be the next day morning if it's cold outside if it comes back. I changed the gas cap it didn't fix it. If anybody know how to fix it or had the same code and were able to fix it please, let me know, I would appreciate..please help me ...S.O.S.

DeltaP
12-09-2012, 09:27 AM
P0456= evap control,very small leak detected. The evaporative emission control system has a very small leak. Needs to be taken to a competent repair shop for system smoke detection. Any collision damage to car?

alex109
12-09-2012, 09:47 AM
DdeltaP, first, thank you for replying for my tread . anything i could do to fix it because i went under car to check all the fuel lines and conaster and they look ok however, i didn't had time to drop the gas tank to see may be the fuel pup or some hose loose there. I know also that i hear some hising noise from the upper intake manifold from the left side just a little hissing noise, may be that's tha problem..i don't know... let me know..

collisions: yes i checked the car fax report and the car has tree accindents in the past ( long time ago)
that hissing noise from the left side of the upper intake manifold is that normal and purg selonoid make some noise too

alex109
12-18-2012, 06:52 AM
anybody has any ideal what it could be the problem with code p0456? i nedd help with this....

Add your comment to this topic!