Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need help with 2000 windstar problem please help

krislpro
11-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I have a 2000 windstar 3.8 L. and the radiator hose extension pipe has a hole in it. The water pump is still good so I do not want to replace it if I don't have to but I can not get the extension pipe out of the water pump. The piece I am talking about comes out of the water pump and the lower radiator hose connects to it. Can someone give me a hand on getting the pipe out or is it not possible? I know Ford sells just the pipe because I called them but I can't find any info on removing it. Thank you

12Ounce
11-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Refer to this: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1083590&page=3

See posting #31. Seems Ed Strong is saying it is held in place by an "O-ring".

Ed_Strong
11-29-2012, 09:50 PM
There's one bolt that attaches it to the Air Conditioner Compressor bracket (Lowest Bolt on the bracket)

First lift front end up and support on jackstands, drain and collect coolant for disposal.

from under engine undo the lower radiator hose from the metal extension pipe

then remove the lower radiator hose from the radiator for better clearance

remove the serpentine belt... it doesn't have to come off the engine, just enough slack to remove it from the compressor pulley so you can get to the bracket bolt mentioned earlier.

remove the 10mm bolt (very thight space here)... and then pull straight down on the metal extension pipe!

assembly is reverse of removal

Add your comment to this topic!