Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 Grand Marquis EGR Hose

___Brandon
11-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi,

I am doing the intake manifold gaskets on my 93 GM and I was feeling around behind the intake trying to get things hooked back up when I broke of a funny looking piece of hose.

It is about a half inch OD, about 1/8 ID, has a thin black coating on the outside and is orange on the inside.

I think it goes to the metal EGR tube and then up to some module on the backside of the throttle body area.

Does this sound right?

Is it some sort of special hose meant to handle heat or high vacuum pressure or something, or can I just replace it with ordinary vacuum line?

Thanks,

Brandon

way2old
11-21-2012, 05:29 PM
I would go to the dealer and get the exact hose. There is a lot of heat that passes through it and a regular hose might not handle it.

___Brandon
11-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Now that I think about it the red rubber o rings are used for higher temp applications, I bet it is a similiar red rubber on the inside of that hose.

How in the world do I get the top nut tight on that metal tube to the EGR valve? I was thinking maybe one of those crow foot wrenches but I'd have to go buy one to try it out. The 1 1/16" wrench or whatever it is that fits it is way to big and long to get up in there. I can't get pliers of any sort on it.

Thanks

way2old
11-23-2012, 05:07 PM
We have used a cheap wrench and heat it with a torch to get the angle needed to remove the nut. Or a crowsfoot with an extension will work.

Add your comment to this topic!