Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Jeep Liberty producing no heat

jgl38017
11-10-2012, 07:40 AM
I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty and the car produces no hot air. I replaced the radiator and water pump recently but I didnt replace the thermostat. Could this be the cause of no heat? Appreciate any help.

danielsatur
11-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Any shortage of coolant, or air pockets in the coolant system can cause a no heat condition.
Add a Peak/Prestone T-flush kit and force the air out with water pressure from a garden hose.

Note - Make sure the engine is warm, idle, and the HVAC is on high heat when using the T-flush kit
trick. It's kinda/sort of like a heimlich maneuver on your coolant system.

gmtech1
11-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Any shortage of coolant, or air pockets in the coolant system can cause a no heat condition.
Add a Peak/Prestone T-flush kit and force the air out with water pressure from a garden hose.

Note - Make sure the engine is warm, idle, and the HVAC is on high heat when using the T-flush kit
trick. It's kinda/sort of like a heimlich maneuver on your coolant system.

In addition to the statement above, yes, a stuck open thermostat will cause poor heating. You may also have a temp door problem in the HVAC system. Check the hoses at the heater core, are they hot? If they are both hot (one should be a little warmer than the other) then the problem is with a temp door. If one is hot and one is much cooler, then the heater core is plugged.

jgl38017
12-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Both heater hoses going to the heater core seem equally hot so I assume I'm getting flow thru the heater core...correct assumption? Any idea how I replace or at least gain access to the door?

Add your comment to this topic!