Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Owner 2003 - Where to buy parts

7racecar7
11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Hello,

I have an Rodeo 2003 that Im working on, first need a bumper, any recommendations on where to by parts? I also need some interior parts like a console by the shifter

From there have to dive into the 4wd issue and just looking to see if there is a go to site thats easy to find what your looking for or if im going to need to search out the used market.

Thank you.

amigo-2k
11-11-2012, 08:50 AM
The used market is the best way to go ... find a junk yard near you ....

car-part.com

WhiteRodeo4x4
11-12-2012, 09:23 PM
http://www.partshotlines.com/?phl=newpart&search_id=35166221 Try this site they have loads of Rodeo parts......Whats up with the 4x4.....Blinking lite on dash??

7racecar7
11-13-2012, 04:56 AM
thank you.

The light on the dash is on and stays on. The switch doesnt do anything or make any noise when change, so far I only check if there was any juice at the switch with the ignition on or truck running.

I started tracing the wires not sure where they go yet, but also looked under the RF and see the 4wd parts, looking for a manual for this thing but so far only found up to 2002 not 2003.

Any advise on 4wd appreciated, im assuming its electrical to stat with? Solenoid?

WhiteRodeo4x4
11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
If the light is on and not blinking I assume it is in 4x4 mode. on my 01 there are two electric selinoids. One on the tail shaft of the tranny that engages the front drive shaft and one on the driver side front axel housing that engages the axles. I know my rear one is working because I can actually feel the front drive shaft free wheeling when the button is off and lock up when it is pushed on.(but blinking light) BUT the front axle s do not engage thus the electric motor on the Front housing isn't working. I see these are prone to dirt,rust and just plain gumming up if not used monthly. Waiting for more info before I remove the electric unit and see what kmakes it tick. Looking for a JY replacement case its a gonner and can't be rebuilt. Ther ia a guy in North Prov RI that has a 99 Rodeo with a bad motor that is parting out his car. (Craigs List) he'll sell the entire front bumper assy WITH fog lamps for $100. Keep plugging on here these guys are pretty good at answering your questions

7racecar7
11-13-2012, 11:15 AM
I only have the rear wheels turning regardless of where the dial is 2H 4H 4L, ill check out the wiring tonight. Thank you.

WhiteRodeo4x4
11-13-2012, 12:09 PM
The rear wheels may be the only ones turning BUT the shaft going to the front may be turning too. The second actuator for the SOTF(shift on the fly)located on the front housing may be stuck open causing you yo have only 1/2 of the 4x4 sounds confusing but thats how they work.There are two actuators for the 4x4 one at the tail shaft of the trans and one on the front housing.

WhiteRodeo4x4
11-14-2012, 10:16 PM
The rear wheels may be the only ones turning BUT the shaft going to the front may be turning too. The second actuator for the SOTF(shift on the fly)located on the front housing may be stuck open causing you yo have only 1/2 of the 4x4 sounds confusing but thats how they work.There are two actuators for the 4x4 one at the tail shaft of the trans and one on the front housing.

I am going to East Providence this Saturday for parts. There is a guy there who has a donor vehicle and he is selling parts from it. Which console piece are you looking for? Richie

Add your comment to this topic!