Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Window Switch

Brent S
11-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I need a new Left side power window switch on my 99 2-door GTP.
The old parts catalog seems to list: 10404698, but the various websites show a 19207825.
Anyone know the difference, or correct part number?

olopezm
11-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Don't know about part numbers, sometimes they change due to revisions and design changes. Also part numbers vary a lot between ACDelco and Chevrolet numbers.

I've found a replacement for you available form autozone, a bit pricey though

CLICK HERE (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Power-Window-Switch/1997-Pontiac-Grand-Prix/_/N-j8uz9Z9cilb?itemIdentifier=575633_0_2219_78655)

EDIT: I just looked it up and found out the switch was used in grand prix and sunfire vehicles; I'm guessing it should be easier to get one from a sunfire than finding a 2 door GP; I haven't been able to find one around here and I'm in need of the same switch as yours. Now that I know it I might try searching the junkyard for sunfire's.

Oscar.

aleekat
11-05-2012, 04:25 PM
About $41 at rockauto.com

DrRadar
11-24-2012, 09:42 AM
I've been able to do a quick fix to a misbehaving window switch. If you pop-off the switch lever (the plastic that you actually touch), you'll see a plastic, spring-loaded "fulcrum" on each of the left and right sides of the switch. When new, these fulcrums are apparently semi-circular. I have found that they wear and flatten out, which then interferes with proper functioning. I've swapped those little plastic fulcrums with other window switches (for example, to get the driver's window switch to work, swapped with the passenger switch).

Add your comment to this topic!