ignition coils. 2001 Rodeo V6

WhiteRodeo4x4
11-04-2012, 12:15 PM
I took all the coils out today and noticed that they are all the same #19005240 DELPHI. isn't one of these on # 6 plug suppose to be shorter and a different number?? As I said all 6 have the same Delphi number. I have gotten the P0300 code recently. Thanks for any input

WhiteRodeo4x4
11-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Actually it isn't that the coils are different. All them are the same It's just the length of the part that connects to the plug. If you notice ...the rear plug galley on the drivers side of the blockis sunk in further than the other 5. I noticed when I took the coils out that one of the seals at top,where it rest against the valve cover, was mushroomed out. This was one of the longer Coil packs thus leading me to believe that the shorter one was on one of the 1-5 cylinders. I measured the remaining coil pack and sure enough one was about 1/4 to 3/8 inches shorter. On the coil pack Boot there is a corresponding number that indicated the shorter one. All back together and only lost one 8MM socket somewhere in the compartment. Didn't hit the ground so I guess peole who follow me on the road better watch out for flying 8mm sockets. :runaround:

Add your comment to this topic!