Question on a 2001 Rodeo

97explorersport
11-01-2012, 08:19 PM
On the center console there are two button one says power and the other is winter What are these buttons for? I cant seem to find anything in the owners book about them. Thanks for any replies.

amigo-2k
11-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Power button just changes the shift points, so it will hold a gear a bit longer. It is useful if you are getting on the interstate or towing.

The winter button you can activate when you are at a complete stop in D. It will put you in 3rd gear and will turn off at 23MPH. Doing this will give you very little torque and is great in snow when starting from a stop.

I have a 2wd Amigo and use the winter button all the time in the winter. It basically stops my wheels spinning in the snow from a stop.

WhiteRodeo4x4
11-03-2012, 09:31 PM
I just change my user namee to reflect the new car.....but thanks for the information on the switches. I also found out tonight about the 2 different coils for cylinders 1-5 and coil #6. I just got a P0300 twice today so I am very suspicious of this. I suspect that someone did a tune up and didn't put the coils back in the right place. :jerking:

Add your comment to this topic!