Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

P0300 CEL 2002 Corolla

kimper
10-30-2012, 08:33 PM
I am having problems with my 02 corolla with 118,000 miles. I drive it 150 miles a day and within the last month I have had the CEL come on twice. Every time it seems to come on when the car was cold and as soon as I was leaving home, I never got a miss or chug or nothing. I brought it to advanced auto parts and they scanned my car and said it was a P0300 (multiple misfire). I ran some lucus injector cleaner threw it and changed the air filter and 500 miles later it came back on. I must say this car uses oil (about a quart every gas fill up) not sure where it goes because it doesnt leak it and it doesnt burn it so I am puzzled about that. If anyone can help let me know any advise would really help. BTW I have owned this car since it had 83000 miles and it has been loosing oil the whole time, the CEL issue just started..:banghead:

danielsatur
10-31-2012, 10:03 AM
Is this auto getting random misfires just when cold?

See Similar Thread, but different type of auto i www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1083427 (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1083427)

veedubmechanic
11-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Time for an engine rebuild with new piston rings.
Common issue on 98-02 corollas

kimper
02-23-2013, 03:41 PM
I finally broke down and got that done, 4 stuck rings and 4 oil drain holes in the pistons were plugged and had 6 burnt valves. cost me 1900 but I am hoping everything turns out .

veedubmechanic
04-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Very common as a majority of corolla owners change their oil at Least 2000 miles over the regularly scheduled time.
Sometimes you can fix the sticking with removing the spark plugs and pouring seafoam in and letting it seep down overnight and then crank over in the. Morning with the plugs out to verify no additional is left in to hydro lock. Then reinstall plugs and put foot to floor and hold and crank over And it will smoke a lot blowing the carbon out.
Run it for about 10min then change oil right away.

Works sometimes. Other times its so bad you have to physically remove the piston rings And scrape them with a piston ringland file.

Add your comment to this topic!