2002 Mercury Moutaineer (Same as an Explorer)

ssanchez
10-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Hello All, I know I posted this on the Ford Side but I know that mercury is the same as ford and this issue has nothing to do with specific cars. As I drive all my gauges reset. The car does not stall or shut off on me. I been completely stopped and it still resets on me. This happens with my radio on, lights on or off, just cant get rid of it. Here is a video of it while I was stuck on the 405 rush hr (So basically 2mph) http://youtu.be/gXKEDsyDbUY On the video I am driving car does not stall. I am going very very slow no dips or anything. Its basically idle-ling.. Any help would be great.. thanks all :-)

shorod
10-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried wiggling the key lightly when it gets in that mode to see if maybe you have a loose connection at the ignition switch? It appears the instrument cluster is getting reset, like what happens when the key is first turned to Run.

Is the instrument cluster the only thing you've found to be effected? You mention it happens with the radio on or off, but don't really mention if the radio also resets like the cluster.

-Rod

fleettech
12-21-2012, 01:54 PM
we had a crown vic doing that and it turned out to be a coil pack spiking the electrical system(ecm) causing the dash to sweep

Add your comment to this topic!