Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How do you adjust the camber in 02 Buick?

Robdaparamedic
10-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Hey guys, I have an 02 that has a bad allignment in the rear end. I had the front done and they said they couldn't do the rear because the control arm was bent. I threw a come-a-long on it and pulled it back. Now you would thing the tire would be tipped in since the bar was shortened due to being bent but for some reason my tire is wearing on the inside so bad that the belts are showing. My question, how do you adjust that to have the tire tip back???? I have been looking for videos on Youtube and Autozone and they just show the car on the lift but not what they have to do to adjust the tire. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

As usual, thanks in advance!!

Rob

gmtech1
10-20-2012, 04:12 PM
2002 Buick LeSabre required a shim to be installed between the rear hub and the mounting surface. Since you have been pulling on it the toe will be way off also. Need to get a alignment reading and have the repairs done on the rack so you know where to go with the adjustments. Toe out and negitive camber will cause inside tire wear.

maxwedge
10-21-2012, 09:08 AM
How did the control arm get bent, either way it should be replaced.

Robdaparamedic
10-21-2012, 10:29 AM
I was backing out of a parking spot and was getting caught in a situation where there was 2 people waiting for my spot. I seen an opening behind me and tried to zip in there so one of the two could get in. There was a row of huge rocks that were on the ground that I didn't see and rammed one of them, pushing my exhaust into the control arm.

MagicRat
10-21-2012, 10:56 AM
How did the control arm get bent, either way it should be replaced.

Agree completely. Control arms cannot be straightened safely. It's most likely weaker than original now and just might fail at some time in the future. A failure at high speed would be really bad news.

Have an alignment shop check it out first. There may be more damage than just a bent arm.

At the very least replace the arm.... even a straight used one from a wrecking yard would be fine.

maxwedge
10-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Agree completely. Control arms cannot be straightened safely. It's most likely weaker than original now and just might fail at some time in the future. A failure at high speed would be really bad news.

Have an alignment shop check it out first. There may be more damage than just a bent arm.

At the very least replace the arm.... even a straight used one from a wrecking yard would be fine.

Agreed again!!

Add your comment to this topic!