Fuel Line leak 99 Regal GS

eccs19
10-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Just got home and noticed a small fuel leak. I've got a flairing kit, so not that concerned, but wondering what size the line is so I can pick up some new line. Also wondering about something else. I followed the line up under the hood (leak is near the front of the car), and I notice the steel line seems to change into a plastic line, and there is what seems to be a spot for a pressure gauge. I think this is the one with the leak. How do I tie the steel line to this line? It seems to be rusted up to that point, so not sure if I'll be able to easily flair it. Perhaps it's the low pressure return line, and I can just put a rubber line with some clamps?

Tech II
10-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Can you post a Pic of the leak....having trouble visualizing this......

eccs19
10-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Can you post a Pic of the leak....having trouble visualizing this......

Unfortunately the leak us under the car, right about the area where is starts to go up the firewall. The line appears to connect into this plastic line I mentioned. I'll post a pic of this if needed.

eccs19
10-19-2012, 04:53 PM
OK. Here is a picture of what the fuel line seems to connect to.

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk435/eccs19/Misc%20Stuff/IMGP5473a.jpg

eccs19
10-20-2012, 11:47 AM
I've looked into this more, and the leak isn't on the line I thought it was. It seems to be the main line that runs from the fuel filter to the engine. I know this is a high pressure line. I guess the questions are..

1. Can I replace the short section with a high pressure rubber hose with some clamps, or will this not hold?
2. If I replace the section from the filter to the engine, how do I tie the line into the flexible line that runs from behind the master cylinder to the hard lines running over the super charger? There isn't much space back there to work, so any tips would be helpful.

As a note, the leak is right at the line clamp that's bolted to the body, and it's the clamp that's right at the Rear Subframe mounting point on the drivers side.

Any tips / pointers would be appreciated.

tinner105
10-30-2012, 09:56 PM
My son had this problem on his car.
What it ended up being is the plastic clip that holds the fuel line in place.
Napa will most likely have it.
If that thing cuts loose with the key on.... watch out.
If you really dig in there you'll see what i mean.

tinner

Add your comment to this topic!