Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Buying a car online vs at a dealership

carbuddy510
10-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I am debating looking into purchasing a car online. I am so tiered and sick of listening to car sales people try to up-sell and teeter around what the price of the car is. I absolutely despise them. Has anyone had a good experience with online purchases? It seems to me like there are so many more options and a more competitive market. If you have had a good experience with a certain site please recommend!:2cents:

Ray paulsen
10-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Firstly let me say I was in the business over 35 years and I don't disagree with your statement looking at it from a buyers point of view, it's a circus act where dealers will try to maximize on every deal, and like any other business I find that acceptable. What I don't find acceptable in the industry are dealers maximizing for profit with full knowledge and deliberation selling faulty cars to naive buyers.

With the Internet age in place buying a brand new car in todays market has never been easier with no fear of price gouging by simply getting free new car quotes through the Internet " not from Mfg or direct from dealer " from providers such as edmonds or automotive.com.

Re,,, good experience with online purchases,,, Having answered well over 1000 Q's through allexperts.com a very large percentage of these were online purchases, long story short, unless you really know what you're doing - stay away.

If interested about my thoughts on online purchases please link to http://www.usedcartips.org/AUCTIONS.html

4wheelandcyril
11-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Educate yourself first on the ins and outs of online selling and purchasing of vehicles. Search on the Internet, ask your family members, relatives, friends and colleagues who have experience in this method. If it seems that you're still uncomfortable with it, go on a dealership. Better to be safe than sorry.

bobpulte
02-12-2013, 04:17 AM
That Great.Pre-owned Chevy car dealership in Cincinnati Ohio for cars, trucks, SUVs, parts, body shop, tires, brakes and service. We also offer auto leasing, car financing, Chevrolet.

yaellejones
02-15-2013, 04:44 AM
Hello.
You need to balance the options of probably buying cheaper on line versus paying more from a dealer but getting a warranty included in the price. There may be the possibility of buying an extended warranty from the dealer which will give further peace of mind.

sarawiloli
02-23-2013, 02:49 AM
I think you can choose a car through online then go to the store and just justify it.

Jagster
02-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Alot of dealers have internet sales departments where you can actually contact them via email and talk to them there.

Add your comment to this topic!