Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Question's

RNLessley
10-10-2012, 08:10 PM
OK here's the skinny. I bought a 2000 pontiac grand prix gtp earlier this year and have been bringing this car back from the dead. I'm still learning a lot about this kind of car since I've never owned a supercharged vehicle before. I have found this "T" connector directly under the supercharger on the side where the belt is located and found a piece of tube (looks like a vacuum tube) disconnected that ran from the back part of the engine. The tube looks as if it needs to be replaced, but the issue is I can't seem to figure out what it goes to or what it actually does. Can somebody help me figure out what this piece is, what size it is, and where I can buy a replacement for it? Thanks ahead of time for any and all help.

jdl
10-11-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't know much about a supercharger. Found this vacuum diagram. If it is a vacuum line, you can take a piece of it to the autostore, tell them you want it that size and tell them how long.

The diagram is for a 3.8L vin1.

rkvons
10-11-2012, 12:51 PM
If the diagram doesn't help, take a picture of the line you're talking about and where it goes and post it up for us to see.

BNaylor
10-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Do you have the engine running? One thing the diagram doesn't show is the line going to the climate control system...called accessory vacuum. The vacuum line to the cabin goes through the firewall. Regardless get all the damaged or missing vacuum lines and fittings replaced.

RNLessley
10-14-2012, 01:12 PM
I posted two pictures of the vacuum line I am talking about. As you can see whom ever owned this car before me did a botched up job (being nice about it) on the line. I did follow the line and I think it does go to the map sensor but I want to be certain before I start to work on it. Sorry the pictures are so big. The line is right below the supercharger and right above the coolant line. Does anybody know what the sensor actually does for the car? Sorry if I sound stupid but I am no mechanic by any means.

http://mail.aol.com/37058-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=30665042&folder=OldMail&partId=1

http://mail.aol.com/37058-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=30665041&folder=OldMail&partId=1

BNaylor
10-14-2012, 01:39 PM
The MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) is needed for the engine to operate properly and efficiently. It provides manifold pressure data to the powertrain control module for the fuel injection system. Also, MAP data is used to help control the EGR valve for emissions control.

Important thing is to make sure none of the vacuum lines are bad and properly connected since it will affect the boost control for the Eaton M90 supercharger.

BTW - I don't see your pics.

BNaylor
10-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Heres another vacuum diagram for the L67, VIN "1".

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/lizzywiz/vacuum.jpg

RNLessley
10-14-2012, 02:01 PM

Add your comment to this topic!