Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cluster exchange

jdq
10-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Have a 2004 cavalier and 2002 cavalier, the 2004 cluster not working at all no guages all idiot lights on and odometer dont work.Can i switch them out and do i have to relearn.Any insight would be helpful, thanks

J-Ri
10-10-2012, 06:17 PM
From everything I've ever read, you cannot swap modules on GM vehicles that have theft deterrent. The VIN number is programmed into every module and every module must match for the vehicle to start. I have also read that this only applies to modules that have to be programmed after installing in the vehicle, which I don't think these are.

They're easy enough to switch out, and I believe they do physically interchange. Try it and let us know.

comet240
10-11-2012, 11:45 AM
what would it matter if the vin number? car doesnt care about vin number

GM told me also they cant give me a price on how much to diagnos a problem cuz i want the anti theft fing ligh off to start they say no we cant do that we need to diagnos the problem from 2 min to 2 days

what i wanna do is swap the 1997 cav engine into the 1997 sunfire as if its a grand or more to fix its jsut cheaper to swap the whole car engine

Add your comment to this topic!