Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 c1500 brake problems

mikeylikesit106
10-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi, I have a 1994 chevy c1500 and I am having the typical brake problems. Here is what I've done so far.

1. Checked the fuses, all fine.
2. Changed the brake switch.
3. Checked the under-hood relay, all good.
4. Changed the brake circuit boards.
5. Checked the third light. Works when brake pedal is pressed.
6. Drivers side rear blinkers work.
7. Passengers side rear blinker does not work.
8. When flashers are on only drivers side works.
9. When the headlights are turned on both tail lamps work.

Thanks
Mike

gremlin96
10-06-2012, 08:03 AM
hmm so what is the problem your trying to fix. your brakes do not work, or your lights do not work. i am not sure what a "typical brake problems" is.

if its electrical check and clean up the ground wires on the bulbs.

mikeylikesit106
10-06-2012, 10:25 AM
hmm so what is the problem your trying to fix. your brakes do not work, or your lights do not work. i am not sure what a "typical brake problems" is.

if its electrical check and clean up the ground wires on the bulbs.

My apologies, It was late and I didn't proof read my post. I meant to say I was having the typical brake light problem. Another thing I noticed, on my turn signal lever there is a green wire that is disconnected. Could that have something to do with it?

gremlin96
10-07-2012, 08:48 AM
you need to find out ware that green wire goes. Chevy has a problem with losing grounds to the tail lights. i would also take a look at the grounds. as the trucks age that becomes most of the electrical problems. the ground wires corrode, adding one from the motor to the fire wall and one from the motor to the frame takes care of a lot of the problems. around the tail lights there is a wire from the body to the tail lights that one will corrode and you lose the negative there.

when making electrical connections, stop by a electronics store and get some dielectric grease with copper. it will help keep the connections clean and working for years.

777stickman
10-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Reconnecting that green wire at the turn signal switch will most likely fix your problem. It is the feed for the brake and turn to the RR.

94gmc
10-02-2013, 01:29 AM
i put a new brake light switch in my 94 gmc sierra and a brake light relay and i have no brake lights i need help and where is tail lamp relay and the brake pedal is spungy and there is whoss sound by the brake pedal

94gmc
10-02-2013, 01:30 AM
:banghead:i put a new brake light switch in my 94 gmc sierra and a brake light relay and i have no brake lights i need help and where is tail lamp relay and the brake pedal is spungy and there is whoss sound by the brake pedal. thanks
nathan

Schurkey
10-02-2013, 08:42 AM
i put a new brake light switch in my 94 gmc sierra and a brake light relay and i have no brake lights i need help and where is tail lamp relay and the brake pedal is spungy and there is whoss sound by the brake pedal. thanks nathan]
Please learn sentence structure and punctuation. You should have gotten the critical parts before you hit fifth grade.

i put a new brake light switch in my 94 gmc sierra and a brake light relay and i have no brake lights
Have you verified that the bulbs aren't burned-out? Do you have power to the bulbs when the brake pedal is pushed? If not, verify fuses, then trace wiring back until you do have power in the circuit.

the brake pedal is spungy
Likely means air in the front or rear hydraulic system, including the anti-lock mechanism. I would flush the brake fluid until it ran clear and new at all four wheel cylinders, and also at the ABS valve unit if it has bleeder screw(s).

and there is whoss sound by the brake pedal
Constant, or only when you press the pedal?

Constant = defective brake booster

Add your comment to this topic!