Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Heater hose Tee

timd
09-30-2012, 09:26 AM
2002 XLT with 3.0L, the heater hose Tee connection seeps/leaks a little occasionally. This hose runs across the top of the engine and goes to the firewall (and eventually to the heater core). As it runs across the engine, there is a plastic Tee. Looks to have and locking mechanism on the Tee (no hose clamps). Don't want to damage anything by forcing it apart but need to fix this. Couldn't find anything online about how this connection works/comes apart. Are there replaceable O-rings? Does the entire Tee need to be replaced? I'm tempted to just cut the hoses and install a Tee of my own with hose clamps.

danielsatur
09-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Consider using brass or copper from the local plumbing store and new heater hose from auto parts store.

timd
09-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Found the whole hose for $33 at NAPA. Replaced it. It's a 1" OD hose going from the thermostat housing base to the heater core connection at the firewall. The T is about 12" from the firewall. A 3/8" OD hose comes off the T and goes to the PCV valve. The problem I had was the dried rubber hose adapter that comes off the top of the PCV valve and goes to the intake manifold. Couldn't find one anywhere so I made one.

Add your comment to this topic!