Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 C1500 sputtering/bogging issue

Fourtyfive
09-28-2012, 12:13 PM
I have a 95 c1500 5.7l 350 auto trans that has been shifting really hard from park to drive and hard into second. I have had the transmission rebuilt and the hard shift remains, took it back to the trans shop and they said its not the trans doing it.

Through many countless hours of scouring the internet, I found that it could be any number of things so I started with the cheaper ones first and changed out the TPS(which didnt fix the shifting issue).

Now that I have the new TPS on, the truck has started this bogging/sputtering problem at lower rpms(such as slowing down/stopping for stop light or stop sign) like its going to die, but it never does. The rpms fluctuate and the truck jerks forward every time the rpm hits high. Turning the truck off for 5-10 seconds will fix this for a short time, however it is getting worse and the SES light is now coming on when its bogging and goes off after turning the truck off and back on. Also when its doing this the transmission feels like it doesnt want to shift and goes to 2500 rpm before slamming into next gear.

It acts like there is a vacuum leak somewhere but since it goes away for a short time when the truck is turned off and on makes me think its an electrical issue. Could I have maybe got a bad TPS that is causing this or is there an incorrect way of Installing one?

I have changed the EGR a few years ago when the truck was shifting hard the first time(it fix it then). Replaced the PCV assembly(valve and hose) just yesterday as there was a crack/split in one of the hose boots I thought might be causing a vacuum leak. This did not fix anything.

Any and all help/suggestions is appreciated.

temperingloser
10-18-2012, 08:22 PM
get the codes and report back they will help alot

Add your comment to this topic!