Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I need some info please/

RansomedKnight
09-23-2012, 07:33 PM
I have a 2001 Olds alero 2.4 l. I want to change the coolant, but not sure how, since it has no radiator cap. Can you help me? also, It has a sealed transmission. is it possible to change the fluid and filter in this I live in Kansas and want to get everything ready for winter. I have only had the car three months and have no owners manual. Thanks for your help.

gmtech1
09-23-2012, 09:11 PM
There is a drain on the bottom right of the radiator. Fill the system through the cap on the surge tank, that acts as your radiator cap. Use a 50/50 mix of dexcool. It is helpfull to use a funnel that attatches to the tank to help with bleeding, one can be purchased from most parts stores. As far as the trans, you can either drop the pan and drain it that way, or pay a shop to do a trans flush/fluid exchange. There is a trans fill cap on top on the trans.

RansomedKnight
09-23-2012, 09:23 PM
cool. Thanks for the help.

gmtech1
09-24-2012, 06:56 AM
Sorry, I should also have let you know there is a plug on the side of the trans that needs to be removed when the car is warmed up and running to check fluid level. The car needs to be level to do this, on a hoist is much easier.

Add your comment to this topic!